How Much Does Gamma Knife Surgery Cost?
Gamma Knife® surgery has been globally established as the preferred treatment for brain tumors, malformations, and dysfunctions. It is referred to as a stereo tactic radio surgery (SRS). It offers a non-invasive substitute for numerous patients who cannot even consider traditional brain surgery. Gamma Knife® surgery eliminates the physical ordeal as well as most of the main risks with which conventional surgery is coupled.
The cost of a Gamma Knife® procedure is surprisingly 25% to 30% less than traditional neurosurgery. The lack of an incision in this procedure eliminates the risk of severe blood loss and infection. Unlike other methods, patients will only experience slight discomfort with this surgery and can resume their previous activities usually within 24 hours.
How much is it?
- A ballpark price range will be anywhere from $70,00 – $10,000, which is less compared to an open surgery which is usually priced around $35,000 or more.
- Those that have health insurance may want to consult with their company as they will find that the procedure could be covered under your plan. Each plan is going to vary, so it is best to call up to discuss your deductible, co-pay and more.
What are the extra costs?
- Typically, an overnight stay or an outpatient surgical procedure is needed for the treatment. Despite the fact that hospitalization is short, it is still a crucial part that contributes to a seamless operation, and this will be an extra cost. Most overnight hospital stays alone can vary from $500 to $5,000 or more.
- A post-treatment periodic follow-up is essential to observe the progress. This is beyond the price quotation for the treatment. Hence, an additional fee may be charged unless the physician chooses to do it pro-bono.
- Specialist’s fees are most likely separate from what you pay for the procedure since they usually base the professional fee on the severity of the treatment as well as the duration. The more sessions you need to finish the surgery, the higher the amount may be.
What is going to be included?
- The total surgical procedure only and the use of materials needed to complete the treatment.
- Gamma Knife surgery is a precise and effective procedure that uses radiation to help treat the brain. By using this particular method, doctors are able to focus on the radiation directly, targeting the brain without having to worry about affecting the surrounding healthy tissue. The unique thing about this procedure is that there is no incision or blood, making it less risky compared to the traditional surgeries.
How can I save money?
- This surgery is extremely cost effective and usually reimbursed fully by most if not all insurance plans as well as Medicare.
- In nearly all cases worldwide, healthcare sponsored by the government will provide you with a reimbursement package if they deem that your surgery is necessary and must be done quickly.
- It has been widely published that this type of surgery is quite reliable and very affordable overseas, especially in India. Checkout the prices and compare. Be be sure to do research before making a commitment to get surgery done overseas.
|Help us! Did you get a quote before? Did you make the purchase? Help our community by sharing! Every month, we choose a random comment and award them with a $25 Amazon.com gift card.|