How Much Does Garnet Stone Cost?
Unlike stones used for building and decorative purposes, garnet stones are just are one of the many stones used in jewelry. Garnet stones were even part of the minerals used during the Bronze Age. Garnet stones are usually used as a jewelry accessory. Garnet stones are placed in necklaces or bracelets as a decorative accessory. Garnet is the birthstone of those who were born in January.
How much is it?
- A January birthstone garnet glass bead and chamilia bracelet can cost $13 to $21.
- Garnet is also believed to have healing properties, and this is one of the more popular market uses of garnet. For example, 3 tumbled stone gemstone crystals healing rocks are available for $2 to $5.
- Garnet stones can also be purchased in bulk. They are tumbled to guarantee an extra shine for each stone. A 1 pound drum polished garnet can cost $50 to $65. On average, jewelry can vary anywhere from $5 to as much as $1,000+ depending on the metal and other factors.
- Garnet is also made as a wand for more decorative purposes. A garnet massage healing wand can cost $30 to $45.
- Garnet rings can cost $30 to as much as $1,750 or more, depending on the style, the metal, and other factors. A simple, sterling silver garnet-based ring can cost $30, while a yellow gold ring with garnet stones can cost upwards of $1,300.
What are the extra costs?
- If you buy an unpolished garnet stone, you may have to pay to have it tumbled. Also, if you wish to put it in as part of your jewelry, you will have to pay for its installation.
- Delivery charges may be additional depending on the jeweler himself. It is always wise to purchase it in person as you can get a better, up close look.
What is going to be included?
- Depending on the package of the garnet stone that you purchase, the inclusions will be very different. Most of the time they will just include the garnet stones themselves, as well as some instructions on its uses and its cleaning.
- Most rings and other jewelry based pieces will come with a box to protect it from any damages.
- Higher end jewelry may also come with a warranty that can last up to a lifetime. Consult with a jeweler to see what is covered when you purchase one.
Tips to know:
- It’s best to purchase from a local jeweler that is reputable. Be sure to ask for any certifications on jewelery with things such as diamonds, etc.
- Garnet stone is a very common stone that can be found online. Be sure to explore your options online before heading to a local jeweler.
How can I save money?
- Purchase stones that will satisfy your needs and make sure that you need it before you make the purchase.
- Compare prices from different stores. Different dealers will offer different prices that would offer a variety of choice. This will also guarantee that you find the most affordable garnet stones around.
- Buying a pre-made piece of jewelry with a garnet stone will be cheaper than buying the stone itself, designing a piece of jewelry, and then having it set.
|Help us! Did you get a quote before? Did you make the purchase? Help our community by sharing!|