How Much Does a Garra Rufa Fish Cost?
The Garra Rufa fish, also known as the doctor fish, is used to treat many common skin disorders. Even with the advent of modern medicine, people still resort to traditional methods in finding the cure to specific illnesses. Some people may find it weird to consider a fish nibbling at your skin as a treatment, but this is considered by an increasing number of people. The Garra Rufa originated in Turkey, but has become very popular around the world. There are different prices for the different kinds of Garra Rufa fish depending on their country of origin. The Garra Rufa fish is hard to find in the United States and most of the people that choose to breed or own this type of fish usually have to import them.
How much is it?
- A Turkey Wild Breed Garra Rufa is usually sold at $2 to $6 per fish.
- Japan has been producing Garra Rufa’s as well, and one of the most popular Garra Rufa they are exporting is the Garra Rufa Obtuse. This breed can cost $7 to $11 per fish.
- The Garra Rufa is said to originate from Turkey and the original Garra Rufa from Turkey can be purchased at $3 to $6.
- The Garra Rufa sold in the United States range from $4 to $7.
What are the extra costs?
- Fish tanks are necessary to keep your Garra Rufa’s in a healthy condition. A large fish tank can provide the space necessary for your fish to swim around and can start at $120.
- Since most of the Garra Rufa’s are available through importing them, delivery charges will add to the cost. Some of the stores charge as much as $10 per fish to deliver.
- The necessities such as the accessories, the food, and more will all add to your fish budget. To maintain a fish tank, the cost can be around $20 to $50 per month, depending on the amount of food, the amount of fish and more.
What is going to be included?
- If purchased online, the retailer is going to ensure that they package it so that it can last the 24 hours through the shipping process. While shipping isn’t recommended, it may be the only option.
Tips to know:
- One of the most common killers of the Garra Rufa fish is high ammonia and nitrate levels. It’s very important that the tank has a great filtration system.
- The ideal set up for these type of fish is going to include a water pump filter, a UV filter, an ozone system and air pump. Having all of these accessories will ensure that the fish lives a long, healthy life.
How can I save money?
- Find local stores that sell Garra Rufa. Importing them will add delivery charges which is very expensive. Also, the death rate of shipping a fish is rather high.
- The internet is the best resource for finding the cheapest fish on the market. You can compare prices between stores and this will enable you to choose the most affordable fish available.
- Buying wholesale will provide you additional discounts since dealers would rather have their products bought in bulk.