How Much Does a Gas Wall Heater Cost?
|Need a pro near you? Get multiple quotes for free online. Get your quote now >>|
A gas wall heater is the perfect solution for those that cannot afford a heating solution that would be distributed throughout the house. A gas wall heater provides sufficient energy to heat up a room and could cost less than the usual set up of a full functioning house heater such as a boiler.
How much is it?
- Prices of gas wall heaters vary depending on the design and energy output. A 30,000 BTU vent free natural gas wall heater can cost $100 to $450 and can provide heat of up to a 1,000 square foot space.
- A 6,000 BTU LP gas wall heater will provide sufficient heat for a moderate room. This is an ideal source for primary or secondary source of heating. These can be purchased from $250 to $460.
- For example, Kozy world produced a 10,000 BTU model of their gas wall heater and is priced at $100 to $175.
- There are models that feature an auto thermostat and have two plaques to provide more evenly distributed heat. With these types of features, a heater can cost upwards of $300 to $420.
- A natural gas wall heater that has infrared features and produces 18,000 BTU of heat can cost $125 to $200.
What are the extra costs?
- To provide additional protection for your gas wall heater, dust covers are sold separately for $10 to $20. These dust covers protect the unit from collecting dust while distributing the heat.
- To evenly distribute heat in the house, you will need a wall heater blower that will more than likely have to be installed separately. These blowers can cost $30 to $60.
- While a wall heater is easy to install, some prefer to have a professional help with the installation process. Installation can cost $200 to $400 to install one into a wall.
What is going to be included?
- A basic installation kit is included with the actual unit and installation manuals are also part of the package.
- A warranty is also provided depending on the model of the unit that was purchased. The warranty provided with the product will usually be from 1 to 2 years. Some warranties can last up to a lifetime, but it is up to each individual company.
- Some wall heaters may include the additional accessories such as the dust covers, blowers, cleaning supplies and more.
Tips to know:
- Avoid wet areas when running your space heater. This can damage the unit as well as become an electrical hazard.
- Never run the heater when you’re not present in the room. These aren’t designed to heat the room when you’re gone.
- Keep items such as curtains and furniture at least three feet away to ensure that no damage is done.
How can I save money?
- To save money, turn on the gas wall heater only as needed and choose a gas wall heater that has an auto off and on feature that will detect the room temperature. This will activate and deactivate based on the room’s temperature.
- Get quotes from at least three to five different companies. Be sure to get a heater that is sufficient enough to heat up your room.
- Consider purchasing a used unit on sites such as Craigslist to help save money.