How Much Does a Glass Countertop Cost?
|Need a pro near you? Get multiple quotes for free online. Get your quote now >>|
A glass countertop is the one of the many options you have when deciding on materials for your kitchen. Countertops serve many purposes in the kitchen. First, it creates a lot more space which you can use to store things like appliances, canisters, and other kitchen items. Second, a countertop provides work space. When cooking, you can use the countertop to mix ingredients, chop vegetables, etc. Finally, the countertop you choose can accent the look of your kitchen. Glass countertops come in various colors and designs, and you can choose which one you think would look best in your kitchen or bathroom. Glass countertops are made from very durable material and will last a very long time as long as they are taken care of properly.
How much is it?
- Glass countertops are available through different home improvement stores as well as online retailers. They are available in several design choices which makes it easier to select to match the look of the kitchen or your house. The price will usually depend on the design of the glass and the store or manufacturer selling it. These countertops are also available in different thicknesses which makes the price different as well.
- On average, a glass countertop can range anywhere from $115 to as much as $300 per square foot installed.
- For instance, Amazon offers a wide variety of glass countertops, such as the tempered glass countertop which can be purchased for the price of $330 to $390. If you would like to purchase an all-purpose glass countertop, Amazon also offers a 35-inch glass countertop that includes a vanity set and mirror. This countertop is sold for $1,000 to $1500. Keep in mind that these countertops are already set in size.
- Calibex.com is a website that shows different products offered by different sites for easy price comparison. The glass countertop sold through this site are priced anywhere from $300 to $2,490. The price will usually depend on the size and make of the glass countertop as well as the packages included when you buy the product.
What is going to be included?
- If you are uncertain of what type of glass countertop you would like to have, you can ask for a free sample from the seller. The company that sells the glass countertops use this as a promotional material for customers to be aware of the line of product from which they can choose.
- Common finished types can include grooved, patterned, sandblasted and smooth. Each type can cater to certain tastes.
- The most common color for this particular type of countertop is usually a green that offers a slight transparency.
- Most countertop manufacturers will provide a warranty that lasts for a certain amount of time. This can last anywhere from a few years to a lifetime.
What are the extra costs?
- Expert hands are needed when installing glass countertops. If you feel that this project is too big for you to handle, you should consider getting the help of a professional contractor who can help you install the product effortlessly. Use websites such as ServiceMagic.com to find providers in your area for a low cost.
- Cut-outs such as a cooktop or sink can add to the overall costs. Generally, if a cut has to be made, additional expenses will apply.
- Premium edges can also add to the overall cost. Most countertops will come standard, but there are options to enhance the look of the glass edges.
- Glass countertops can be quite heavy. If you purchase this product online, shipping charges may be quite high.
Tips to know:
- Aside from countertops made from glass, there are other types of countertops that you can buy. These countertops are made from quartz and different types of stones that offers a whole different look for your house. You can ever use tile or composite material.
- If a countertop made of glass does break, you may have to replace the entire thing. Unlike other materials such as granite and Formica, you will most likely not be able to fix that certain section.
How can I save money?
- To be able to save money when buying countertops, you should check out different stores that sell them and start comparing prices. There are a lot of stores that sell the items at discounted prices. Shop around and use the competitive nature of the market to your advantage.
- There are stores that offer recycled glass countertops and you can purchase them for much cheaper that brand new ones. A lot of recycled countertops are of good quality and will last for a long time.
- Try to buy your countertops locally so you can save on delivery charges.
- If you are going to pay to the countertops installed professionally, it is best to go through the same company to both purchase and install. Most will include the two in a packaged price rather than paying for them separately.
|Help us! Did you get a quote before? Did you make the purchase? Help our community by sharing! Every month, we choose a random comment and award them with a $25 Amazon.com gift card.|