How Much Does the Green Egg Grill Cost?
The Green Egg Grill, also known as the Big Green Egg, is a high quality charcoal smoker grill that can be used to sear and smoke a wide range of meat, fish and vegetables. It is available in five different sizes – mini, small, medium, large and extra-large. Because of its versatility to cook, smoke, grill, etc., the Green Egg Grill is said to be one of the greatest charcoal grills ever made. Users claim that it is essential for your backyard and is well worth the cost.
How much is it?
- The Green Egg Grill is franchised so the exact price you pay will depend on the individual dealer. However, you can generally expect to pay between $200 and $300 for a Mini Egg; between $400 and $500 for a Small Egg; $500 and $600 for a Medium Egg; $700 and $800 for a Large Egg; and between $950 and $1,000 for an X-Large Egg.
- For example, on Amazon.com, the prices range anywhere from $150 to as much as $800.
- According to some users on the forum, EggHeadForum.com, many stated that they paid anywhere from $150 to as much as $1,500. It all depended upon the size, where they bought it from and what features came along with it.
What is going to be included?
- The Green Egg Grill is one of the most versatile outdoor cooking products on the market. The ceramic shell holds heat better than almost all the competing products and promotes even cooking. It is known to be a quality smoker and oven, too. Based on the ancient cooker known as a “kamado,” the product is everything from an oven to smoker all rolled into one.
- According to the Green Egg Grill official website, the following are the main features of the Green Egg Grill:
- The Big Green Egg reaches cooking temperature and is ready to use in just minutes. Lighting the charcoal is quick and easy, as the design of the Big Green Egg allows air flow to work like a fireplace. Use a natural charcoal starter or an electric starter; and never buy lighter fluid again!
- You can grill, smoke and bake at exact temperatures by easily adjusting the patented air flow controls. You have total control over temperature at your fingertips, maintaining accuracy within a few degrees.
- The Big Green Egg is extremely safe to use because the ceramic surface doesn’t get as hot as a metal grill, and the heat source is protected within a ceramic fire box inside the base.
- The Big Green Egg features a stainless steel cooking grid and an elegant green exterior with a lifetime glaze that maintains its good looks and wipes clean easily without chemical cleaners.
- Inside, residual heat burns away any grease build-up – just like a self-cleaning oven.
- The high-quality ceramics used in each and every EGG will not crack or deteriorate over time, and many EGGs are passed down to the next generation.
- The Mini Egg has a cooking area of 78.5 square inches, a grid diameter of 10 inches and weighs 39 pounds. This makes it large enough to cook two chicken breasts or a single steak at once.
- The Small Egg has a cooking area of 133 square inches, a grid diameter of 13 inches and weighs 77 pounds. It is suitable for cooking a 12 lb turkey, four burgers or two steaks at once.
- The Medium Egg has a cooking area of 177 square inches, a grid diameter of 15 inches and weighs 114 pounds. It can cook an 18 lb turkey, six burgers or four racks of ribs at once.
- The Large Egg has a cooking area of 262 square inches, a grid diameter of 18.25 inches and weighs 162 pounds. The large size can accommodate a 20 lb turkey, 12 burgers or eight steaks at once.
- The X-Large Egg has a cooking area of 452 square inches, a grid diameter of 24 inches and weighs 218.8 pounds. The substantial size is enough to cook a two 20 lb turkeys, 24 burgers or 11 whole chickens at once.
- The Green Egg Grill comes with a limited life time warranty.
What are the extra costs?
- Additional accessories, such as the grill extender, gripper, pizza stone, stand, cookbook and charcoal are all costs to think about.
- Delivery and setup fees may be extra.
- You will need to purchase charcoal when you want to grill. This can be generic charcoal or Green Grill specific charcoal.
Tips to know:
- The Green Egg Grill lights differently to competing grills, so you need to use natural lump charcoal and not lighter fluid to avoid permanently damaging it. You also need to make sure that you cook on lower temperatures below 350 degrees Fahrenheit the first few times you use the grill to allow the gasket to properly seal itself.
- The grill is ready to cook food within 10 minutes.
- It can withstand temperatures up to 1800 degrees Fahrenheit.
How can I save money?
- The manufacturers of The Green Egg Grill do occasionally offer discount coupons that can be found online by doing a Google search for “green egg grill coupons” or “big green egg coupons.” Your local dealer may also be running store specific promotions that allow you to save money on the grill.
- Finally, most dealers are open to negotiation, so you may be able to make them an offer on The Green Egg Grill and secure a discounted price that way. When purchasing, always make sure you are buying from an authorized retailer.
- Buying a slightly used model can save you up to 30 percent. Make sure that you get the warranty information from the seller as well.
|Help us! Did you get a quote before? Did you make the purchase? Help our community by sharing! Every month, we choose a random comment and award them with a $25 Amazon.com gift card.|