How Much Does a Grizzly Bear Hunt Cost?
Grizzly Bear hunting happens in mainly during the spring and fall in some areas and only during the fall in other places. Only male Grizzly Bears are allowed to be hunted. Female bears and their cubs are not supposed to be included. Grizzly Bear hunting is allowed in some places to help decrease bear the number of bears as compared to the Moose and Caribou populations. A grizzle bear hunt is a specific type of guided hunt that is geared toward finding grizzlies. However, it is not uncommon to hunt other animals on your trip as well. A grizzly bear hunt is most often done in Alaska.
How much does it cost?
- On average, a grizzly bear hunt is going to cost anywhere from $7,000 to as much as $17,000 per person.
- Huntinalaska.com states that it will cost you $11,000 for the Spring Brown/Grizzly bear. If you want to hunt a combination of Black Bears, Grizzlies and Wolves, you will pay around $12,000.
- Hunting of fall Grizzlies at the Western Alaska by the Adventures In The Wild costs $12,000 per person.
- BCguideoutfitters.com provides the opportunity for hunting Grizzly bears with prices starting from $15,000 per person.
What is going to be included?
- Since hunting areas are found remotely, hunters will be picked up from a specific location and then transported to the hunting place. Return transportation is also included in most packages.
- Remote tent camps are usually included in the fees. Hunting can last from 9 to 14 days and the packages include tent camps in the hunting area. There are other companies that have a lodge in which you can stay or smaller out camps.
- Registered guides will be matched with each hunter. If you are hunting in a group, you may have one guide per two people.
- All meals during the entire course of the hunt are included in most packages.
- Fees for licenses, tags and royalty costs are included in some packages but must be purchased separately in others.
What are the extra costs?
- Some packages do not include fees for tent camps. With this, extra cost will be needed for renting tents for camping.
- If it is not incorporated in the package, you may need to pay an additional cost for hunting license, tags and royalties.
- If you want to hunt for other animals aside from Grizzly bears, you may need to add cost for hunting Black bears, Moose, Caribou, Wolves and others.
- Taxes and country royalties may be added to the cost as well.
- Meat processing and taxidermy work is considered an additional cost. This is done if you shoot a bear; the taxidermist will carve and prepare the meat from the bear and then skin or preserve it any way you would like.
- While optional, many guides expect a tip.
- The prices mentioned above are for the grizzly bear hunt itself. You will need to purchase plane tickets to get to the location of the hunt. While transportation could be provided from the airport to the actual hunting grounds, you will need to purchase your own plane tickets.
Factors that influence the price
- Type of Animals you are Hunting. There is a specific and varied amounts for Hunting licenses, tags and royalty fees for every kind of animal you are hunting.
- Combination of animals. If you want to hunt other animals other than the Grizzly Bear, you will need to pay for additional hunting fees. There would be a different cost for Black Bears, Wolves, Moose, Mountain Goats, Elks and many others.
- Company. The company you choose to take you on your grizzly bear hunt will determine the price that you pay for the trip. They also decide the length of the trip, which is usually around three days. The better the reputation and facilities of the company, the more they will be able to charge.
Tips to know:
- It would be best to book your hunting in advance. There are quite a lot of hunters in both spring and fall seasons and if you want to get an assured slot, you will need to book a schedule ahead.
- It is very important for you to prepare all the papers you need for hunting Grizzly bears. Paper work that need to be prepared include your gun permit and your license for hunting.
- Take time to review all the things you need to have before you go to the hunting grounds. This will not only save you money but it will also save you much time for hunting.
How can I save money?
- It would be really helpful to canvas for prices from different outfitters before you get in to hunting. Hunting costs may vary depending on the team you are in.
- Scheduling your hunt in advance may help you save on your hunting costs.
- Also, you can hunt in pairs to decrease the cost of your hunting.