How Much Does a Gypsy Wedding Dress Cost?
Gypsy wedding dresses are famous for their elaborate, massive look and sometimes over-the-top designs. Even with their uncanny style, these dresses are growing in popularity with many brides-to-be, as exaggerated as the final ensemble may look. Usually made to achieve an element of surprise, gypsy wedding gowns can be quite elaborate. A gypsy wedding dress is in about the same price range as a traditional wedding dress, bu can get very expensive; this is especially true if the process of creation involved premium material and intricate style.
How much does it cost?
- On average, be prepared to pay anywhere from $500 to $6,000 for a quality Gypsy wedding dress. Keep in mind that like other dresses, the costs can easily surpass the range above. Name brands, premium materials, and the rarity of the dress can increase the price.
- At Wedding Dress Fantasy in Teaneck, New Jersey, gypsy wedding dresses cost $959 to $5,850. Color and size choices are available. They can also be obtained with corset or zipper backs. Custom options are available.
- DHGate.com offers gypsy wedding dresses at $207.20 to $256.87 a piece. The plus-size, floor-to-length, off-shoulder ball gown is made with Satin Organza fabric and designed with ruffles.
- According to TLC.com, a gypsy wedding dress can be very expensive, with some gypsy girls having reportedly spent more than $80,000 on a wedding dress alone. In addition, brides in the traveler community spend around $1,500 on accessories.
What is going to be included?
- A gypsy wedding gown can have a low-cut style or a thigh-high split, depending on the personal preferences of the bride. Most gypsy wedding dress designs are white and decked with stars and flowers. Others have more embellishments and decorations.
- Gypsy wedding dresses can come in a wide range of colors and sizes. At some wedding dress makers, production time for a gypsy wedding gown can take at least 5 months. Rush orders, in which production time is shortened to 2 to 3 months, are accepted for a fee.
What are the extra costs?
- Optional add-ons are offered. These include matching accessories such as veil, shawl, bolero jacket, crinoline slip, and bouquet ribbon. The cost can range from $25 to $125. Custom modifications are also available.
- Do not forget about other accessories such as shoes, jewelry, hair supplies, etc.
- In addition, rush orders are charged extra and can cost $100 to $200, depending on the wedding gown maker.
- If the dress has to be altered or customized, this can add to the price. Most dresses can have their necklines, skirt, corset and bodices customized.
Factors that influence the price:
- Design/embellishments. The gown can have as much elaborate design and adornments as the bride wishes. Trains can be customized to measure longer and skirts can be made to have more volume. Some wedding dress makers charge considerably more for gowns with premium designs that are made with ultra high-end fabrics and materials.
- Accessories. There is a broad range of accessories that can be chosen for the gypsy wedding dress. These include veils, jackets, shawls, slips, and ribbons for the bouquet, and not to mention the tiara with the preferred jewels in place. Each added accessory is usually charged individually, which then brings up the total cost.
- Source. There are a lot of places to obtain a gypsy wedding dress, both online and at boutiques. There are online stores that offer a wide collection of gowns at prices less expensive than at physical outlets.
Tips to know:
- When buying from an online store, make sure to ask when the gown will be finished to ensure that it does not arrive late. Most gypsy wedding dresses require a longer production time compared with traditional wedding gowns, particularly if the design is very elaborate and need a lot of customized work.
- If you wish to have a matching look with the bridesmaids and the flower girl, make sure to ask for pricing and ask or provide exact details regarding the difference in style with the other gowns. In some instances, the other girls’ gowns may be scaled down somewhat or without a lot of crystals and decorations.
- A very elaborate gypsy wedding dress may have as much as 24 net underskirts, a train of up to 20 feet in length, as well as a very tight-fitting corset and sharp accessories that may make wearing the gown uncomfortable.
How can I save money?
- Due to the lavishness displayed by gypsy wedding dresses, it is normal to find that they are far more expensive than traditional gowns. However, with adequate research, the internet can yield resources where these gowns are being sold at less costly prices.
- If choosing the accessories that go with it, try to minimize the choices as much as possible to lessen the total cost of the dress.
- Consider purchasing a dress second hand. This is a great way to save more than 40%.
|Help us! Did you get a quote before? Did you make the purchase? Help our community by sharing!|