How Much Does a Hammer Drill Cost?
This type of drill is very efficient and powerful since it is a rotary drill with a hammering based action. Hammer drills vary in size, power output, and accessories.
How much is it?
- On average, a hammer drill is going to cost $70 to $300 brand new. This is going to depend on the features, the brand, and where you decide to purchase it.
- Porter Cable offers a 6.5 amp ½ inch hammer drill that costs in the range of $72 to $120.
- For those that want to drill through a tough surface, the Milwaukee ½ inch, 9 Amp, heavy duty hammer drill will cost $144 to $268. DeWalt has a hammer drill that can generate a powerful drilling action. The DeWalt DW511 ½ inch, 7.8 Amp VSR hammer drill costs $80 to $97. The Black and Decker has a 6.5 Amp, ½ inch dual range hammer drill with a storage bag that costs $77 to $116.
- A cordless hammer drill that will require no plug, but rather a portable battery can cost anywhere from $55 to as much as $300. A higher end branded hammer drill that comes equipped with a lithium ion battery can cost anywhere from $55 to as much as $300.
What is going to be included?
- The basic set of drills as well as power cables to plug your hammer drill into an electric source will be included in the price.
- Some hammers may come equipped with a protective carrying case to ensure that the drill doesn’t get damaged.
- Most name brand hammer drills will come with a limited warranty that can last from 30 days to as long as a lifetime.
- Some drills that come cordless may require additional batteries. Since the initial purchase will only include one battery, it’s best to consider purchasing additional batteries so that you can flip them out when one battery is on the charger.
- Common voltage is going to include 12, 14 and 18 volts. Most drills are either going to come equipped with a keyless or keyed chuck.
What are the extra costs?
- Additional drills and bolts can be purchased to use your hammer drill in a wide array of tasks. These drills come packaged as a set and have a storage case for protection. For example, a 109 piece drilling set can cost $21 to $32.
- A carrying case only comes with certain brands. A case can cost $30 to $60.
Top brands to consider:
How can I save money?
- When buying a hammer drill, keep in mind that the higher the capacity of the drill, the higher the price goes. If you do heavy duty jobs, then go for the higher power output drill; purchase the low power output drill if you use it for home use.