How Much Does a Harley Davidson Extended Warranty Cost?
A Harley Davidson extended warranty is one that continues to provide coverage after the manufacturer’s warranty has expired. Do you happen to own a Harley Davidson? If you do, it would be best that you check out your warranty service if it has already expired. Just in case it already expired, the next step is that you get for an extended warranty service so that you can avoid expensive repairs and maintenance in the event that your motorcycle gets damaged or needs repair. Because a Harley is a fairly expensive investment, you should carefully consider adding this extra coverage on your bike.
How much does it cost?
- The cost of a Harley Davidson extended warranty service may differ according to the location or state as well as the dealer, the length of the warranty, company or service provider, and the year and model of the bike. Depending on where it is purchased and the details of the plan, the cost of a Harley Davidson extended warranty will vary from as little as $70 to as much as $1,800. For example, a three year plan will cost around $700, while a seven year plan will cost upwards of $1,500.
- According to harley-davidsonforums.com, dealers usually do not charge the same price. The cost runs around $774 to $1,989. A $50 deductible plan from a local credit union costs around $774.
- On the other hand, according to hdtalking.com, getting a Harley Davidson extended warranty for two to five years cost around $964 to $1,644.
What is going to be included?
- The cost of getting a Harley Davidson extended warranty service may include the cost of the extended warranty plan itself, the fee for the dealer, and other related costs among others.
- Typical official plans will include a $50 deductible plan and covers the drive train, motor, and transmission. However, it does not cover everyday wear of parts such as tires, brake pads, and belts.
- The extended service plan is a contract between the owner and Harley Davidson which provides full protection for the motorcycle (excluding parts that wear and tear).
- For new bikes, the maximum term included is seven years and is for unlimited miles. For most used bikes, the maximum term is five years. Coverage included in both plans is generally the same.
- The extended warranty guarantees that you will pay no more than $50 plus applicable taxes for the parts and labor cost of repairs or “Covered Parts.”
- Other benefits include reimbursement f0r towing, lodging, vehicle rental, and tire and wheel coverage. There will also be roadside assistance provided 24 hours a day.
- Depending on the policy, some may include a daily allowance for rentals, meals and lodging, and towing.
What are the extra costs?
- Extra costs may be incurred for repair of parts of the motorcycle that are not included in the coverage of the Harley Davidson extended warranty plan. The costs would cover the purchase of the said parts, repair, as well as labor.
- For parts (not covered by the extended warranty) that are bought online or from other states, you might incur additional costs for their packaging, handling, and delivery.
Tips to know
- Compare the cost for a Harley Davidson extended warranty plan in your state or from online sources. This way you can compare the costs from various dealers and choose the best option. Aside from the dealer, do not forget to check with local third parties.
- Ask for advice from friends who have tried getting a Harley Davidson extended warranty plan. They may be able to point you in the right direction.
- If you do decide to sell your motorcycle down the road and it is still covered, you will still be able to transfer it. This is a huge selling point for potential buyers; you would be able to charge more for your bike if it still has a warranty.
- Extended warranties are debatable issues. If you purchase one and your Harley works perfectly and you never make a claim, it seems as though you have just wasted all that money. If you do not get one, however, and something goes wrong with the bike, you will end up paying a lot more for repairs than you would for a warranty. It is all a gamble!
How can I save money?
- You can save money when you get your extended warranty plan from a local credit union instead of a private dealer. They tend to cost less that private dealers who charge more to gain a certain profit.
- Do not be afraid to haggle! Many dealers are more than willing to bring their prices down. Most people that have purchased in the past stated that they often were able to get up to 10% off.
- You will most likely get a cheaper price for your extended warranty if you purchase it sooner rather than later. Buying the warranty right when the other expires will cost a lot more.
|Help us! Did you get a quote before? Did you make the purchase? Help our community by sharing! Every month, we choose a random comment and award them with a $25 Amazon.com gift card.|