How Much Does a Harley Davidson Cost?
Throughout the years, there are several companies that released their own versions of the famed motorcycles, but none has had such a lasting reputation as a Harley Davidson. Harley Davidson was even able to endure and survive the Great Depression. They have also beat out several competitors over the years from different manufacturers. Harley Davidson started in 1901, and since then, the company has been known for selling motorcycle heavyweights that are over 750 cc, which are designed for highway cruising. The price for Harley Davidson motorcycles varies from one model to another. Depending on the make and year of the motorcycle, it can be more expensive if it’s the latest model.
How much is it?
- On average, Harley Davidsons are going to vary anywhere from $8,000 to as much as $40,000 or more for a higher end bike. Customized bikes can easily raise the price tag as well. Harley Davidson has lines that include the Sportster, the Dyna Line, Softail Line, VSRC and touring line.
- The 2011 Harley Davidson Dyna Glide series has 4 sets of different models. These models include the Street Bob, Wide Glide, Super Glide Custom and Fat Bob. Their prices vary from $13,000 to $75,000.
- A Harley Davidson that is designed for touring sells for $19,000 to $36,000. This is the Road Glide series that includes the Custom, CVO Ultra, and Ultra model, with the CVO Ultra being the most expensive.
- The 2011 Harley Davidson Sportster consists of the models 1200 Custom, Iron 883, Forty Eight, 1200 Low and Nightster. The Nightster is one of the most affordable models sold. These are sold for $8,000 to $11,800.
What are the extra costs?
- Safety gear is going to be required. Items such as helmets, jackets and boots are going to be required to ensure that you have a safe ride. These accessories cost anywhere from $150 to $400.
- Spare parts and regular maintenance will be required down the road in case your motorcycle breaks down. Spare parts can cost $100 to $800, depending on the parts that you need. For professional installation, the price can rise by 30-50%.
- Most buyers opt to purchase an extended warranty. This warranty is going to protect you outside of the company’s warranty. The extended warranty plan on average is going to cost around 25 to 35% of the total bike’s price.
- If you are going to finance your motorcycle and pay it off over a few years, you may pay more after you take interest into account.
What is going to be included?
- Some dealers will throw in some additional start up accessories such as cleaners, a satchel, helmet and more. Check with your local dealer to see what kind of incentives that they have to offer.
- A new bike will also come with a limited warranty that can last from 90 days to as long as a few years.
How can I save money?
- Consider purchasing an older model. There are plenty of used motorcycles sold on the market that will enable you to save money. Choose a well maintained motorcycle to ensure that it will last the same as a brand new one. Check local classifieds such as Craigslist to find older bikes in your area.
- If you want to purchase new, negotiate on the price tag as well as the extended warranty. Most dealers will be able to come down on the price.