How Much Does Hauling Dirt Cost?
|Need a pro near you? Get multiple quotes for free online. Get your quote now >>|
Hauling dirt is a business that helps in maintaining the cleanliness of the surrounding areas by eliminating large chunks of dirt to be disposed. The price for hauling dirt varies depending on the location. The amount of dirt that needs to be transported is the major factor considered when pricing this service. You need to remember that there are companies that do not charge by truck capacity; rather they charge based on the actual amount of dirt.
How much is it?
- A truck that can transport 16 cubic yards of dirt may charge $500 to $700. If you only fill up half the truck, the price will be cut in half, costing around $250 to $500 depending on the company.
- Bigger trucks that carry around 22 cubic yards of dirt can cost $700 to $900.
- A truck that can carry up to 20 cubic yards of dirt charges anywhere from $175 to $395 depending on the amount of dirt placed on the actual truck.
- If you want to have the dirt taken away from your property, it can cost $400 to $800 per truck load. For example, Ace Hauling charges $575 for a 13 to 16 cubic yard truck to take the dirt away and dump it. Other companies may charge by the hour to haul away. On average, the hourly rate can vary from $55 to $95 an hour.
What are the extra costs?
- Filtered dirt is going to cost more for landscaping projects. This dirt is going to be free of stones, twigs and more.
- A distance surcharge may be charged by the company if the dirt has to be picked up. This is for those that want to have the dirt hauled away.
- A mixed load surcharge will be charged by the company if the dirt is mixed with junk or other items.
What is going to be included?
- Loading and cleanup is included with the payment. The person in charge will keep an eye out on how clean the area is where the dirt came, as well as the proper loading of the dirt into the truck.
- The truck, as well as the haul away, is the main portion of the price. The company will dump the dirt off in a legal, designated area.
How can I save money?
- Get quotes from different companies that offer dirt hauling services. Also, ask for any inclusions with the payment as some companies may include additional features for which you may have to pay with other companies.
- If you have dirt at home that you want to have hauled away, put a free ad on Craigslist. Many people are more than willing to come to your location to pick it up at no charge.
|Help us! Did you get a quote before? Did you make the purchase? Help our community by sharing!|