How Much Does an HCG injection Cost?
HCG (human chorionic gonadotropin) injections are a popular way to deal with fertility issues since they are safe and all natural. Modern science has really gone far in terms of enhancing or even defying what nature has provided us. In fertility enhancers, the advent of HCG injections truly helped women who have problems with fertility. However, HCG injections gained popularity over the years when used as a weight-loss supplement as well. This trend has somehow increased the sales of HCG injection brand names approved by the FDA. HCG was formulated by using a hormone that was found to be in pregnant females. There are many popular names that manufacture this product; Chorex, Novarel, Pregnyl and Profasi are just few.
How much does it cost?
- According to hcgDietToLoseWeight.com, some pharmacies give HCG injections of 1,000 IU ampoules at $16. CVS Caremark offers 10,000 IU ampules of Novarel and Pregnyl for the discount price of $45.91 and $51.53, respectively.
- You can also take advantage of HCG injections through a health plan for as low as $5 to $20 for a month of supply.
- The forums in medhelp.org also revealed that most patients who take HCG injections pay about $10 for each shot. Those who take dosages of HCG usually need five shots a week. That would be a total of $50 a week.
What is going to be included?
- Once you decide to try on HCG shots, you must speak with your physician. Ask for the different brands of the hormone and discuss the protocol with which your doctor thinks you should start.
- You usually need to undergo a physical examination before a licensed physician will give you the medical-grade hormone. You can take the shots at home by self-administering them can be have them administered by your doctor.
- In the event that you are not allowed to take HCG injection shots, you can always ask for his recommendation of another clinic or colleague.
What are the extra costs?
- Doctor’s fee. Since this is a prescription drug, you need to consult a licensed physician first. As we all know, seeing a doctor means initial expense. Plan on spending upwards of $40 to $100 for the visit alone.
- Multiple Doses. This drug is one that needs to be taken in multiple doses. Most prices are given per dose, so you will need to figure how many you will need before determining what the price will be.
- Delivery. If you are going to have the injections sent to your home, shipping charges may apply. These charges can range anywhere from $5 to $15.
Factors that influence the price:
- Clinic . It is known that most clinics offer prices that are higher than the usual. If possible, you should see your family doctor or private physician.
- Location. If you live in areas where there are only a few clinics and pharmacies offering HCG injections, chances are you will find these injection shots expensive. In addition, prices may differ if HCG injections are obtained through online stores from foreign distribution channels.
Tips to know:
- You need to bear in mind that HCG shots are not available over the counter. Thus, you should not purchase, take and administer it on your own without the prescription of a licensed doctor.
- You can always buy these prescription drugs over the Internet. However, doing so may result in legal trouble.
- You should know that before you take HCG shots, you must inform your health care provider about the health conditions or ailments you have. Your body might respond with negative effects after taking HCG shots if they interact with another health issue.
- This prescription may be covered by your insurance company it is deemed medically necessary by your doctor. However, whether or not insurance will cover it will depend on your purpose. If you are using it for fertility reasons, it will probably be covered; if you are using to try to lose weight, you will most likely have to pay full price.
How can I save money?
- You can always save money if you get the HCG injections through your doctor’s recommended pharmacy. It also does not hurt to talk with a handful of pharmacies to see who offers the best deal.
- Consider buying Homeopathic HCG since it can be significantly cheaper. This cost anywhere from $20 to $60 for a short protocol.
- If you do not have a health insurance policy, consider looking for one at eHealthInsurance.com. Keep in mind that an insurance policy can vary when you get HCG injections, so buy at your own risk.
|Help us! Did you get a quote before? Did you make the purchase? Help our community by sharing! Every month, we choose a random comment and award them with a $25 Amazon.com gift card.|