How Much Do Henna Tattoos Cost?
A henna tattoo is a type of body art that is applied to the skin using removable ink that is made from powdered henna leaves. Henna tattoos are a great alternative to permanent tattoos since they can offer the same body art a permanent tattoo offers but can be removed easily. Henna tattoos give the wearer freedom to change the design as often as he would like. Like permanent tattoos, the person getting a henna tattoo will be able to choose a design that will be applied to the skin. The price of the henna tattoo usually depends on the type of design that will be put applied, the complication of the design, as well as other various factors.
How much is it?
- On average, a henna tattoo can cost anywhere from $20 to as much as $150 or more for a complex design. Some artists will charge by the design while others will charge by the hour. A typical henna tattoo can take up to 2 hours to perform.
- An at home kit can be purchased for $9 to $20. These kits include all the necessary items needed in order to perform a simple tattoo. For example, the Henna Tattoo Kit manufactured by Earth Henna retails for $15 to $20.
- According to IndyHenna.com, the prices can range anywhere from $5 to $150 depending on the design of the tattoo.
- A service such as HennaSanDiego.com shows that the price for the service ranges anywhere from $100 to $300, while individual henna tattoos can cost anywhere from $10 to $80 depending on the type of design.
- Another service such as Hennabodyartgallery.com offer types of henna tattoos that cost between $15 to $40. This is going to depend on the complexity of the design.
What are the extra costs?
- After care will be necessary to make the tattoo last. Vegetable or olive oil can work great on tattoos. Simply swipe a cotton swab on the area once a day and follow this by rinsing it with water.
- Some artists may charge extra if you want them to create a design that they do not have.
What is going to be included?
- You will be able to choose your own design before the process starts. The complete procedure will be performed to you by the tattoo artist.
- During the procedure the henna will be mixed in a bowl. After it has been mixed, the application will be placed according to the design. After the design has been formed on the body, it will be sealed and wrapped.
- After this tattoo has been applied, the dye will dry out which can take upwards of around 5 hours. Once the henna starts to dry up, the power will gradually fall off the skin. While the dye may have a tint of orange color in the beginning, it will start to darken up after 3 days or so.
How can I save money?
- Think twice before getting a henna tattoo since it is a temporary body art. If you do decide to get one, try to find a simpler design and look for someone that can put the tattoo at a low price.
|Help us! Did you get a quote before? Did you make the purchase? Help our community by sharing! Every month, we choose a random comment and award them with a $25 Amazon.com gift card.|