How Much Does a Herpes Test Cost?
A herpes test is a type of procedure performed to identify the type of herpes a person has or if a person has herpes. This test is very important as there are several conditions that may look like herpes but can be a totally different case; this test can help ease the mind of the person thinks herpes may be the diagnosis. There are different types of herpes and each type has a specific test that can be performed to identify and confirm it. The price for herpes test depends on the type of test as well as where the test will be performed. Several test centers and hospitals provide tests for herpes.
How much is it?
- On average, a test without health insurance can cost anywhere from $40 to as much as $300 per test. Generally, the more tests a patient takes, the bigger the discount will be per test.
- Some labs may want to test more than just Herpes. These tests can include others such as Chlamydia, Gonorrhea as well as others.
- According to the site RequestATest.com, the price for a herpes test ranges from $89 to $329.
- Those with health insurance plans can commonly have these tests covered as long as they are deemed medically necessary. Check with the insurance company to inquire about the deductibles and co-pays.
- HealthTestingCenters.com provides services for testing different types of sexually transmitted diseases. The type of test is the basis for the pricing and it can range anywhere from $199 to $649.
- A company that can perform the test through the mail or fax such as AllTestsOnline.com also provides information about herpes, safety precautions and the testing of the disease. They list that the price for herpes test can be anywhere from $149 to $600. For example, the Herpes HSV1 and HSV3 test can cost around $150.
What is going to be included?
- During the process, a sample or blood test will be taken. A blood test cannot differentiate the type of herpes. Most tests will have a series of tests that will have to be completed so that all herpes can be tested.
- With these series of tests, the labs and/or doctor will be able to test for Chlamydia, Herpes I, II, Hepatitis B, Hepatitis C, HIV as well as Syphilis.
- Included with the test is the complete procedure for the testing as well as the provision of the result. Test results will be provided to you and they is included with the payment that you made. Online companies can provide the test either by mail, e-mail or fax.
What are the extra costs?
- For tests that have to be delivered within a few days, expedited fees can apply.
- A consultation fee for your doctor may be required before a test is administered. This will be charged as a doctor’s office visit which can range from $60 to $150.
How can I save money?
- Check local health centers within the state. Many public health centers offer the tests at a discounts if not free for those that meet certain income requirements. Sites such as Planned Parenthood can offer the test at a significant discount.
|Help us! Did you get a quote before? Did you make the purchase? Help our community by sharing! Every month, we choose a random comment and award them with a $25 Amazon.com gift card.|