How Much Does the HESI Exam Cost?
The HESI, or Health Education Systems Incorporated, is a type of exam taken by nursing students to evaluate an individual’s knowledge about the HESI program. There are different types of HESI exams: the assessment exam, custom exams, specialty and exit exams. Each type will have its own cost.
How much is it?
- On average, the HESI exam fees can range anywhere from $35 to $70 for the complete exam.
- For example, the college Lamar.edu shows that the price for the exam taken at their college can be anywhere from $53 to $73.
- Another college such as the Trinity Valley Community College shows information about the HESI program and the tests that are needed to be taken before and after the program is completed. According to their site, the price for the HESI exam falls between $45 to $65.
- Phoenix College also provides information about the HESI exam including the types of exams that they offer and the price of each. The price for the exam ranges from $35 to $60.
What are the extra costs?
- If you fail to take the exam on the date it was scheduled, you will need to pay a fee to reschedule it. This rescheduling fee can start at $45; however, it should be noted that the price can be different depending on the establishment.
- Study materials such as books and DVDs can start at $10. This will all depend on the type of study guide purchased.
What is going to be included?
- The price for the HESI exam includes the administration of the actual exam including the use of the facilities. The test will take no more than 4 hours. Upon completion of the test, the results will be printed on a printout for your own records.
How can I save money?
- Make sure that you pass the exam on the first attempt as retakes can have waiting period that can be more than 60 days.
- If you have to cancel your test taking for any reason, try to do so well in advance to avoid the rescheduling fee.
- Most colleges will offer discounts to current students as well as those that live within the county. Try to take the test within the district to get the lowest rate.
- Some organizations will offer a lower rate to those that register early.