How Much Does a Hidden Water Pool Cost?
|Need a pro near you? Get multiple quotes for free online. Get your quote now >>|
A hidden water pool is just that – a pool that is hidden when not in use. Unlike an in-ground or above ground pool, a hidden pool can actually hide, such as underneath a patio. With the push of a button, your patio can quickly transform into a pool within minutes. As the floor opens and the surface begins to descend, water from the reserve below will begin to fill it. When closing, the floor will begin to rise and the water will flow off the edges back into the reserve. The reason that a hidden water pool is so useful is that rather than taking up space in your yard, you can have a patio and pool in one area. The cost of a hidden water pool is going to greatly depend on the size, design, contractor performing the job and other factors.
How much is it?
- Most of the time, a hidden pool is going to cost more than your traditional inground pools. However, compared to these types of pools, the company claims that you can save money in maintenance costs in the long run. The reason that this is true is that the water is going to be stored underwater and not exposed to the outside air all day every day. With that being said, be prepared to spend more than 30 percent than an inground pool. Depending on the diameter, the average hidden water pool will retail for $25,000 to as much as $60,000 installed.
- For example, Thisiswhyimbroke.com claims that the pool will probably cost around $65,000.
What is going to be included?
- With a click of a button, the pool will submerge underneath a patio. It is said that the process of conversion takes only two minutes. Sitting on a platform that can be lowered to any depth up to six feet, the system will keep water in reserve. Whenever the pool needs new water, it will use a pump to restore the levels.
- The diameter of the pool can go up to 18 feet. Aside from a round patio look, the company also produces two rectangle models. The actual patio look can come in many styles and colors.
- The water in a hidden water pool is able to keep a moderate temperature since it is stored under the ground. A heater is usually not necessary.
- Unlike a regular pool, no diving boards or slides can be installed.
What are the extra costs?
- Premium add-on options can be included, such as swim jets, a spa, table for eating and ambiance features. The swim jets can create a treadmill effect that is great for workouts, while the spa can transform the pool into a massive hot tub for family and friends to enjoy. However, transforming it into a spa will also cost a lot more money since a heater, jets, and seats will probably be required.
- Like any other pool, regular maintenance and cleaning will be required. If a professional service is needed for the month, plan on spending upwards of $100 per month.
- If you are going to maintain the pool on your own, chemicals will be needed each month, which can cost upwards of $50. Keep in mind that a hidden pool will require less maintenance.
Tips to know:
- A hidden pool is a great way to save on space. Those who do not have a large yard or no room to place a newer pool, this could be a great option to consider.
- Safety is another selling point to keep in mind. Those who have children around do not have to worry about a pool being out in the open.
- Reviews on the hidden water pool are hard to find, even from personal users. The Better Business Bureau does not even have information since the company was not registered with them.
- The company that came up with the idea for the hidden water pool has gained a lot of interest from many people in the past few years. However, recent reports say that they have stopped answering inquiries and emails, and therefore there is speculation that the company is going out of business or is bankrupt. Most believe that the reason for their going out of business is that the pool system is so expensive, very few people could afford it. If you are able to spend that much money on a pool, chances are that you have a large enough yard to house a pool and a patio separately.
- To see how the process works, WebUrbanist.com has a step-by-step guide.
How can I save money?
- Consider other options for your yard if it can fit other types of pools. In-ground and above ground pools will cost up to 30% less and still offer your family a great time. If you want to get quotes on a pool for your yard, consider using free services such as HomeAdvisor.com.
|Help us! Did you get a quote before? Did you make the purchase? Help our community by sharing!|