How Much Does a Hip Piercing Cost?
A hip piercing is performed in the pelvic area through the skin near the hip bone. Usually, a barbell-shaped piece of jewelry is fitted under the skin so it’s visible.
How much does a hip piercing cost?
- The price will depend on the artist performing the job, if jewelry will be purchased and the geographical location. On average, simple hip piercing costs can be anywhere from $15 to as much as $40 per hip. This may or may not include a simple piece of jewelry.
- For example, BodyElectricTattoos.com offers a wide array of services and piercings for different parts of the body. According to their website, the price to get a hip piercing can be anywhere between $15 and $30.
- TattooLous.com is another shop that combines tattoo and piercing services. While they specialize in tattoos, they also offer piercing services. The price to get your hip pierced according to the site can range from $15 to $30.
Types of hip piercings:
- Surface: Will have two holes with a bar in between. It will often cost less, but it can reject easily.
- Microdermals: This is a permanent solution that costs more, it’s one hole, but there can be more pain involved. While it costs more, it doesn’t reject as much.
What is going to be included?
- The person that will pierce the hip will use sanitized equipment to avoid infection of the wound. They will also provide the jewelry for the piercing which is usually the barbell type made out of stainless steel.
- The artist will provide instructions regarding after care of the piercing as well as information on how to take care of it in the future.
- The name “hip piercing” doesn’t mean that it will be done on the hip. Rather, it’s placed on your stomach just a pinch above your hips.
What are the extra costs?
- If you want to use jewelry that is made from different materials, you can inform your artist since they can also provide this for you. The default jewelry is made from stainless steel and the price can be different, usually more, if you choose a different type of jewelry. Plan on spending at least $30 to $100 for a quality piece of jewelry.
- There will be a charge for each type of piercing done and if you decide to have both of your hips pierced, you will need to pay for the other one as well.
Tips to know:
- Some people still consider hip piercing to be contemporary and less extreme compared to piercings done on other parts of the body such as the nipple or the genitals. A hip piercing can be hidden as well if you do not feel comfortable showing it.
- Most often think that this particular piercing can hurt. What you will quickly find is that it’s no different than any other piercing that you can get on your body.
- Another type of jewelry that you can use aside from the usual silver or stainless steel is Tygon jewelry; most tattoo artists believe that this type of jewelry has anti-stress properties.
How can I save money?
- Visit different tattoo artists or piercing shops to check what their prices are. If you do not have the time, you can simply locate one closest to your area from the internet. Check for the prices that they offer and compare; make your decision based on your findings. Alternatively, if you know a shop that offers superb service, you can visit them instead since you trust them already.