How Much Does an Affenpinscher Cost?
The Affenpinscher is one of the many breeds of dog available for people to keep as a pet. While many dogs are bred specifically for things such as hunting, the Affenpinscher is bred to be a toy dog that is simply a companion. This particular breed of dog looks like a terrier but with some differences. They have shaggier coat over their shoulders and head that form a mane. An Affenpinscher usually weighs anywhere from 6.5 to 13.2 pounds and they only stand 9 to 12 inches, which is rather small. Affenpinscher’s characteristics made them popular toy dogs as they are very confident, lively and affectionate towards the family that takes care of them. The price of this breed of dog usually depends on the age as well as the gender of the dog.
How much is it?
- On average, an Affenpinscher can cost anywhere from $400 to as much as $1,250. This particular breed is often sold by private pet owners across the country and they post ads on several different websites. The price of the dog can be different depending on how much each breeder charges for the dog. The quality of the breed also plays a factor why the price of Affenpinscher can be different.
- For example, a male or female Affenpinscher that has full AKC registration can cost anywhere from $850 to $1250. An adult that has spay or neuter contract, is over one year of age, and that is either male or female can cost $650 to $700.
- Next Day Pets often posts ads for Affenpinscher puppies from various breeders across the United States which can be purchased from $650 to $850. The puppies are usually 4 to 6 weeks old.
- Puppy Find is another online site that lists different owners selling their Affenpinscher. The puppies are usually sold for $400 to $900.
What is going to be included?
- The dog owners that sell an Affenpinscher have discretion on what they will include with the dog. It usually consists of the registration as well as shots of medicines that are necessary for puppies to avoid contracting diseases.
- If having the dog shipped through an airline, the breeder will more than likely include a travel approved carrier.
- Some breeders will include a start-up kit containing toys, samples of food, treats, and maybe even collars and leashes. This is up to the seller’s discretion.
What are the extra costs?
- If you do get a dog that has not been registered yet, you will need to make sure that you have them licensed by the local government. The price of this depends on the city in which you live.
- Additional fees will accrue in the future such as vet visits, medicines, dog food and start up accessories such as dog toys, shelter and more. Most people spend approximately $30-$50 per month on a pet dog.
How can I save money?
- Always check for prices from different sellers as there will be some that will sell them at a lower price compared to others.
- Try to adopt a pet and this will not only help you save money, but it will also help countless numbers of animals being abandoned. Keep in mind that most of these animals will be between the age of two to five, or possibly even older.
|Help us! Did you get a quote before? Did you make the purchase? Help our community by sharing!|