How Much Does a HOG Membership Cost?
A HOG Membership refers to being a part of the Harley Owners Group. This means that you are a part of an exclusive team of owners for one of the most renowned motorcycles in the world. The Harley Owners Group is often perceived as an elite group of sponsored clubs that is operated by the Harley Davidson brand.
How much does it cost?
- For $45, you can purchase a one-year HOG membership. If you would like to sign up for two years or three years in advance, these memberships are priced at $85 and $120 respectively, according to Harley-davidson.com. These are price ranges that typically depend on the membership that you want. There are different levels of membership that can earn you different benefits.
- The full-time membership, or lifetime membership, is dependent on several factors. The HOG Membership Organization has different plans for these members who want to get listed for a lifetime access.
- Discounts stated on Frontierhog.com states that being a member will bring the member benefits that will far outweigh the cost of becoming a member. At only $20 per year, you get to have free mileage programs and access to things such as major poker games.
- Usually, the different chapters for the HOG membership would vary, and the benefits and features that go along with it also vary.
What is going to be included?
- Being a member to the HOG organization will mean that you be offered roadside assistance at all times. This is an enrollment that is automatic for those members who are immediately listed with the organization. Around $100 will be the one-time coverage fee with the capacity to upgrade it.
- Dealer information as well as access to the HOG Magazine will also be a part of the package. Thus, you get the latest news and events that are happening all over the area or region in which you can participate.
- Harley Davidson organizes many events around the United States. Some of these include chapter rides, national and local rallies, and competitions. There are also many events sponsored by HOG such as poker games.
- There is a HOG travel guide available to members that shows different dealers throughout the states as well as different routes that are good for riding.
- AT&T offers discounts on phone service for members of HOG.
- Best Western and other hotels offer discounts on rooms to HOG members.
- Harley Davidson offers its own type of insurance to owners of a Harley.
- The more miles you ride, the more awards you can be given by Harley Owners Group. These include pins and patches.
What are the extra costs?
- An active full member to the HOG organization will mean they can add up associates to the benefits. The price is $25 for a year while $45 and $65 for two and three years respectively.
- Upgrades for Roadside Assistance would also add expenses to the listed costs for the HOG Membership.
- If you do decide to purchase the HOG insurance, this will be a monthly or yearly charge that will be similar to your other car insurance.
Factors that influence the price:
- Usually, when the member purchases a Harley Davidson, he will have this guaranteed one year membership to the club.
- The location of the chapter for which you will be signing up will also play a factor in determining the cost of the HOG membership.
- Insurance coverage for the motorcycle and its rider would also be elements that would be affect the price and cost of the membership.
Tips to know:
- For many members, it is always best to look into the chapter or group that you will be joining. Some clubs can only accept certain people who are located in the immediate area while there are others that accept members from other locations.
- If there are several chapters of the HOG in your area, look at the features that they offer as well as the associated costs that come with it.
- Research the benefits that are a part of each type of membership. If there are benefits in the highest membership that you will probably not use, then opt for a lower level membership.
- Make sure you research the insurance offered by HOG compared to the coverage you will get from your normal insurance company to see which one cheaper and more inclusive.
How can I save money?
- Being a member to the organization is already considered as a great way to save money for owning a Harley Davidson. There are plenty of events and discounts that the club will offer its members. However, if you want to save on the costs to being a member to the club, then a lifetime membership is the best way to go about the process. Technically, you get all the best privileges while owning your own Harley Davidson.