How Much Do Acrylic Nails Cost?
Acrylic nails refer to artificial nails glued onto natural nails. This will give nails the appearance that they are longer and give them a fresh new look. Acrylic nails come in many different colors and designs that manifest creativity and artwork. You will have plenty of choices depending on your preferences, and you will have the option to change the color and design anytime you want. Salons offer these service, but you can also purchase acrylic nail sets and put them on yourself.
How much do acrylic nails cost?
- Getting your acrylic nails done at a salon with a high reputation will cost anywhere from $25-$80 to apply. This price range depends on the type of acrylic nail as well as the design you choose. After the nails have been applied, fills will be necessary down the road.
- Gold airbrushed nails cost $10-$30. French tips will cost anywhere from $25 to $40. If you choose an acrylic nail with studded stones or jewelries, it can cost you $80-$120.
- If you buy a set of acrylic nails for the purpose of doing it by yourself at home, the price may range between $10 to $50 depending on the package you choose.
- According to this Yahoo! Voices article, the acrylic nails cost can be anywhere from $19 to $25, while applying the nails will usually be in the $50 range.
What is going to be included?
- The salon will let you choose the design of the acrylic nails. However, they can also advise you on color and design that may enhance the overall look of your nails.
- When you buy an acrylic nail set, the set will usually include white and natural nail tips, sculpture nail forms, acrylic liquid masking formula, acrylic liquid, powder, primer, speed nail glue and more.
- Buying online may or may not include shipping fee.
- Acrylic nails will come in a variety of different forms. Designed to look just like regular nails, the stylist will apply and fill them. After the process has been done, most won’t be able to tell the difference between the acrylic and real fingernails.
What are the extra costs?
- If you want to include extra colors or designs, you will pay an additional fee.
- Powders can be applied just like the decals. Powders can cost anywhere from $5 to $10 to have done.
- If shipping is not included, you need to have an extra budget for this.
- Acrylic nails are rather hard to keep up with maintenance and most experts will recommend that they are replaced every two weeks. This will depend on the quality as well as some can last longer than others. Plan on going to the salon at least two times a month.
- Don’t forget that it’s ideal to tip your technician. Most techs will expect a tip that ranges from $2 to $5. Great tips can often lead to better jobs in the future if you use the same technician.
Tips to know:
- The geographical location will usually play the biggest role with the overall price. The same goes with the quality of the salon. A lower grade salon is going to cost less than the higher end salon located in an upper class mall.
- Be sure to take care of your nails between your visit. This is going to ensure that they last a little longer than average. It’s best to moisturize them on a daily basis. This is going to keep them from chips and dirt.
- Try to avoid opening items as well as protect them from various cleaning products.
- Once the nail grows out to where you can see the crescent-moon base of the nail, it’s time to get them filled again. On average, plan on them lasting one week. A real good nail can last as long as two weeks.
- Try to find a salon that has their own guarantee. The last thing that you want to have happen is see your nail break off. A good salon will let you bring it back in, and they will replace it at no charge.
How can I save money?
- If you want to get your nails professionally done, check for coupons and special offers in your neighborhood. Many newspapers and local coupon books have offers that you can take advantage of.
- Return customers to salons can often receive frequent visitor discounts where you can get up to 25% off your visit. Inquire with local nail salons to see if they are offering any type of deals such as this.
- The best way to save money on buying an acrylic nail set is to visit your favorite online store such as Amazon.
- For a tight budget, you may also choose an acrylic nail kit with fewer accessories.
- Popular deal websites such as Groupon.com offer great coupons for spas in your local area. Keep your eyes peeled on this website. What you will find is that there are a lot of deals that can save you as much as 50 percent off your bill!