How Much Do ATM Tanks Cost?
ATM tanks, which are created by Acrylic Tank Manufacturing, created unique tanks on the hit TV show, Tanked. These tanks have a colored back with a center overflow and won’t look like the traditional fish tanks you’re used to seeing in a home or doctor’s office.
How much does it cost?
- For most tanks that are less than 250 gallons, the price for a standard ATM tank is going to be anywhere from $1,200 to as much as $3,000. If the tank is customized, the prices can soar past the $10,000 mark.
- The official company that creates these tanks offers the following price ranges:
|Capacity and Size||Price Range|
|90 gallons (48″ X 18″ X 24″)||$1,596|
|94 gallons (60″ X 18″ X 20″)||$1,229|
|112 gallons (60″ X 18″ X 24″)||$1,567|
|150 gallons (60″ X 24″ X 24″)||$1,739|
|150 gallons (72″ X 24″ X 20″)||$2,193|
|180 gallons – (72″ X 24″ X 24″)||$2,577|
|200 gallons (96″ X 24″ X 20″)||$2,198|
|240 gallons (96″ X 24″ X 24″)||$2,601|
What is going to be included?
- ATM tanks come in different types and materials, with the features depending on the model and manufacturer. Aquarium tanks can be stand alone, wall, cabinet, or floor types. Some are built with an aquarium stand.
- ATM tank material may be glass or acrylic panels and polycarbonate lids and can be ordered in different designs and shapes.
- ATM tanks usually come with a lifetime warranty. Some aquariums are warranted to the original buyer against leaks due to manufacturer’s workmanship provided that the aquarium remains in the original purchaser’s possession. Additionally, changes and alterations made to the tank by the buyer often will void the warranty.
What are the extra costs?
- Buying an ATM tank often requires spending for installation of the unit, especially when ordering a custom-made aquarium. Often, a large customized tank entails the services of professional services. The ATM tank size and the type of fish will determine what accessories are needed to be obtained.
- Aquarium tanks typically need a range of accessories including lights, filter and heaters. Systems that assess water quality and pH levels are also required.
- Keeping an aquarium can also entail buying Biotope kits, which include the needed essentials to establish and improve bio-filtration, condition the water in a natural way and keep a clean environment without the use of chemicals. Biotope kits cost $35 to $65.
- Glass and acrylic cleaners are also necessary for acrylic care. Acrylic cleaners cost $5 to $20 and more, depending on the brand, quality and size.
- Shipping charges may also be billed separately.
Factors that influence the price:
- Type. The type of aquarium chosen has a major influence on the total cost of the tank. Wall and floor aquariums are particularly expensive and are often seen in higher-end buildings. These tanks are often large scale and need to be installed as part of the floor or wall. Installing them normally requires special heavy strength materials.
- Capacity. ATM tanks have different levels of capacity depending on the size and the type. Most of the tanks that have bigger capacity have larger dimensions and are made of a very thick material to accommodate the quantity of the water needed.
- Installation. Total costs to install an ATM tank vary among projects and usually depends on labor rates in the area, the size of the tank, and complexity of the task.
- Customization. Aquariums can come in standard or custom types. Custom ATM tanks are usually more expensive than standard ones due to tailor-made specifications and usually more complex designs and dimensions.
- Accessories. The accessories that need to be included during the installation of the tank also play a factor in the overall cost of the aquarium. These accessories include a heater, special light fixtures, and filtering systems.
Tips to know:
- Acrylic aquariums are widely regarded as multiple times stronger than glass and has a much better resistance to impact. The reason is that the joints in acrylic tanks are chemically fastened rather than joined together using silicon. Acrylics are also stronger and do not easily crack, chip or shatter unexpectedly unlike many glass aquariums.
- Compared with glass, acrylic can scratch easily. But unlike glass, it is easier to remove scratches on acrylic. Refinishing acrylic is often done to restore the smooth appearance of the tank. However, scratches on the acrylic can be prevented through proper care and maintenance.
How can I save money?
- A used ATM tank is usually priced significantly lower than a newly bought unit. However, be sure that the tank is still in good condition and that the warranty is transferrable to a new owner.
- Ask about the labor rates in your area to find out who offers the most affordable services. Make sure that the servicer you choose has a wide experience in installing ATM tanks to ensure installation is proper and lasts years.