How Much Do Bamboo Plants Cost?
Bamboo plants come in different varieties. Bamboo is a well-loved plant, especially by those who want to add views to their garden and/or home. The cost of bamboo plants depends on the age of the plant and the specimen, which will also predict the height of the bamboo plant.
The height of the bamboo does not indicate its maturity. It is always important to choose the plant based on the maturity of the rhizome stock. For example, a 1 foot tall 5 gallon bamboo plant that has been in a pot for 2 years with healthy active rhizomes will always grow taller and faster.
How much is it?
- Timber bamboos, which have a diameter of 2-4 inches and will grow up to 35 to 50 feet, will cost anywhere from $110-$150. A mid-range bamboo that has a diameter of 1 to 1.75 inches can grow 22-38 feet and will cost anywhere from $50 to $90.
- Clumping bamboos have a growth habit of only spreading out an inch or so each year. A stalk .5 to 1 inches in diameter that matures from a height of 8-15 feet can cost an average of $50-$150.
- A 15 to 25 foot bamboo plant will cost an average of $250 to $500. A bamboo in a 15 gallon container will cost $150 to $275.
- There are also bamboo plants sold in 1,5, 15, and 25 gallon containers with varied number of culms per gallon. The cost is anywhere from $10-$400 depending on the variety and size of the plant.
- Smaller bamboo plants that are a few inches tall designed for desks can cost anywhere from $4 to $25.
What is going to be included?
- If you choose to order online, some nurseries will include the shipping fees.
- Some nurseries may also include start up feed, a care kit, and other accessories to ensure that the plant is able to grow to a full, healthy size.
What are the extra costs?
- You can buy a rhizome control barrier. A . 60 mil barrier with a 30 inch depth will cost anywhere from $2-$3 per foot. A 80 mil barrier with a 30 inch depth will cost anywhere from $3.50-$4 per foot.
- If you want landscaping for the garden and you choose to hire a professional, a landscaper will be required in order to plant it properly.
Tips to know:
- To keep the plants alive and healthy for an extended period of time, try to water them on a daily basis. Fertilizer is also a good idea to help promote growth.
- If the leaves start to turn yellow, it may mean that the plant is either getting too much sunlight or the plant is getting too much water, particularly tap water that has fluorides.
- Lack of water is going to be the most common problem when it comes to an indoor bamboo plant.
How can I save money?
- If you choose a package service from a landscaping company, they may bulk the plants together so that you can save.
- There are many online stores that offer discounted prices for different varieties.
- Rhizome controllers are also sold in bulk.
- If you are located close to a nursery, having your bamboo plants picked up will also save you money since you can avoid the shipping fees.
|Help us! Did you get a quote before? Did you make the purchase? Help our community by sharing! Every month, we choose a random comment and award them with a $25 Amazon.com gift card.|