How Much Do Bar Stools Cost?
Bat stools are one of the main accessories needed to create a bar in either your home or place of business. Bar stools come in many shapes and sizes, and they have many different types of material from which you can choose. The cost of a bar stool is going to vary depending on the brand, the type, as well as other various factors.
How much is it?
- Heights for bar stools can greatly vary. The most common sizes range from 24″ to around 30″. The average bar stool can cost $35 to as much as $400 for a higher quality based stool.
- Bar stools created by Linon, which are a higher quality stool and generally have a padded chair, can cost $65 to $185. A bar stool that comes equipped with a metal frame only cost only $60 to $210 per stool.
- Certain bar stools are designed for those that want a “modern” look for their bar. These are they type of stools that you would see in a downtown bar in New York City, etc. These kind of stools can cost $125 to $350.
- Simple wooden bar stools can come equipped with a backing or no backing at all. These range from $30 to $70.
- A leather bar stool is on the higher end because of the material used. On average, a bar stool made of leather can range from $90 to $300.
- Bar stools that can fold in half can range anywhere from $40 to as much as $125 per stool depending on the quality of the stool.
What are the extra costs?
- Since stools can weigh more than 50 pounds, most online retailers opt to ship it via a freight service. Because of this, shipping charges may apply.
- Some bar stools come in a set of 2 while others are sold separately. Since most will need to purchase more than one stool, most of the prices listed above need to be multiplied by the number of stools that you will need.
What is going to be included?
- Some stools will be assembled by the manufacture while some will come unassembled. All the parts and instructions for assembly will be included.
- Most companies will include a limited warranty that protects the stool from any damages. These warranties can last from 90 days to 5 years or more.
Tips to know:
- Be sure to measure your bar before purchasing stools. Each and every bar is going to have it’s own height. It’s best to have stools that are 10″ shorter than the height of the bar. For example, if the bar height 42″, it would be best to purchase stools that are 32″.
- Be sure to take a look at the decor of your bar area. It’s best to go with a theme that will best match the area. It’s wise to purchase a stool that appeals to your personal taste as well as one that flows with the room flow.
- Consider what kind of comfort you want. Common coverings can include leather and fabric.
Top brands to consider:
- Ashley Furniture
- Ethan Allen
How can I save money?
- Consider purchasing used stools on websites such as Craigslist or even at a moving sale. When purchasing used, you can save up to 60% or more.
- Purchase a bar stool that fits the overall theme of the bar. If the stools are going to be used by children, it is best to go with a cheaper stool such as one made from wood. Some stools such as ones made of leather do not tend to clean as easy.
|Help us! Did you get a quote before? Did you make the purchase? Help our community by sharing!|