How Much Do Bifocals Cost?
Bifocals offer a distinct near and far viewing area that is about three to 20 feet away. The viewing areas will be separated by noticeable lines that can often be annoying to those who wear them. Bifocals will contain two lens powers and commonly prescribed to people who have presbyopia.
How much is it?
- On average, frames are going to cost anywhere from $5 to as much as $110. The price of bifocals depend on the prescription, brand, if insurance is involved and retailer selling.
- CheapPrescriptionGlasses.net is an online store that sells bifocal glasses along with other products. As the name of the store implies, they sell affordable bifocals inserted into different types of frames that are usually not designer brands, but they can be as durable. The price for the bifocals sold on this site can range anywhere from $10 to $110.
What is going to be included?
- Bifocals are usually prescription lenses and the client has the option to choose the design of the bifocal lens. For example, they may have a light tint on the lens that can help block out the sunlight.
- If you buy bifocal lenses and frames from a single store, they will install both items to assemble the eyeglasses.
- Some stores may offer bifocals already installed into the frame, which may cost less since they are ready made.
What are the extra costs?
- When you purchase bifocal lenses, you will have to purchase a frame. There are several types of frames that can range from plastic to titanium and each type of material will have its own price.
- You will need to have your eyes checked by an optometrist about once a year, and this will be considered an added cost. The average eye exam starts at $55 and can go up from there.
How can I save money?
- Bifocals are not necessarily expensive; their prices are fairly affordable. You will be able to save by choosing a frame that is not as expensive as other brands. There are signature brands of eyeglasses that can cost hundreds of dollars, but those frames with no brand affiliation can cost as low as $5 to $15.
- There are several stores that sell bifocals and the competition among these stores spurs them to offer glasses for discounted prices. Try to browse different stores to get the fairest price for bifocals. It is best to look for coupon codes as well if you are going to purchase them online.
- Avoid purchasing your bifocals from local eyeglass retailers. Many tend to overprice their glasses. Simply ask for a prescription and try to purchase them elsewhere.