How Much Do Bifocals Cost?
Bifocals are one of the types of glasses available to those who need aid with their vision. Our eyes are used constantly, and because of this they can become damaged in different ways. The overuse of computers and television can greatly affect our eyes along with other factors such as genetics and even injury. There are remedies to correct the vision of a person, and one of the cheapest and most popular is wearing eye glasses. There can be different eye conditions and specific eyeglasses made that can be used for your exact condition. One type of glasses made today is bifocals; these are glasses that have two distinct optical powers and are often prescribed to people that have presbyopia, myopia and hyperopia.
How much is it?
- Bifocal lenses are sold through optical stores and they can be priced differently depending on several factors such as the store that sells the bifocals. Other factors that can affect the price of bifocals are the location of the store that sells them and the size of the lenses that need to be fitted to the frame.
- On average, frames are going to cost anywhere from $5 to as much as $110. The price of the frames can differ depending on the brand name as well as the materials used to make the frames.
- CheapPrescriptionGlasses.net is an online store that sells bifocal glasses along with other products. As the name of the store implies, they sell affordable bifocals inserted into different types of frames that are usually not designer brands, but they can be as durable. The price for the bifocals sold on this site can range anywhere from $10 to $110.
What is going to be included?
- Bifocals are usually prescription lenses and the client has the option to choose the design of the bifocal lens. For example, they may have a light tint on the lens that can help block out the sunlight.
- If you buy bifocal lenses and frames from a single store, they will install both items to assemble the eyeglasses.
- Some stores may offer bifocals already installed into the frame, which may cost less since they are ready made.
What are the extra costs?
- When you purchase bifocal lenses, you will have to purchase a frame into which they will be fitted. There are several types of frames that can range from plastic to titanium and their price can be determined by this.
- You will need to have your eyes checked by an optometrist about once a year, and this will be considered an added cost. The cost for the payment for optometrist depends on different factors such as the experience and skill of the optometrist. The average eye exam starts at $55 and can go up from there.
How can I save money?
- Bifocals are not necessarily expensive; their prices are fairly affordable. You will be able to save by choosing a frame that is not as expensive as other brands. There are signature brands of eyeglasses that can cost hundreds of dollars, but those frames with no brand affiliation can cost as low as $5 to $15.
- There are several stores that sell bifocals and the competition among these stores spurs them to offer glasses for discounted prices. Try to browse different stores to get the fairest price for bifocals. It is best to look for coupon codes as well if you are going to purchase them online.
- Avoid purchasing your bifocals from local eyeglass retailers. Many tend to overprice their glasses. Simply ask for a prescription and try to purchase them elsewhere.
|Help us! Did you get a quote before? Did you make the purchase? Help our community by sharing!|