How Much Do Blenders Cost?
Blenders are a common appliance that you can find on most kitchen countertops across the world. With many colors, finishes, accessories, and features, consumers will find that there are thousands of blenders from which they can choose. The cost of a blender will greatly vary depending upon the type, the brand, the festures, and other numerous factors.
How much is it?
- A countertop blender, which tends to be the most common purchase, can cost anywhere from $30 to as much as $500. The average purchase will usually be lower than $100. For example, the highly rated Oster BCBG08 retails for $39 to $59 while the Vitamix 1365 retails for $490.
- A handheld blender that sits directly inside of a cup can cost anywhere from $15 to $40. For instance, the Miallegro 9090 retails for $59 to $69.
- A Blendtec blender is known to be on the higher end of blenders. It can blend soups, ice cream, and even dough. Most Blendtec blenders retail for $300 to $400.
- A Cuisinart is considered to be a mid-range blender and should fall within the $50 to $175 range.
- A Hamilton Beach, Oster and Sunbeam are normally seen on the lower-end of the price scale. These blenders do not have all of the fancy gadgets that the high-end brands tend to have. These blenders can range anywhere from $15 to $100.
- Waring and Vita-Mix are similar to the Blendtec brand, all being a higher-end quality. The cost of these blenders can be anywhere from $200 to $500.
What are the extra costs?
- While optional, many users choose to purchase an additional bottle. This way, when one is in the dishwasher, the blender can still be used.
- Higher-end blenders may need parts over time depending on how long they have been used. Parts can start at $20.
- A lot of blenders will have other attachments, cup sizes, recipe books, etc. available for purchase. Some of these things may be included while others will need to be bought separately.
What is going to be included?
- Higher-end blenders are going to be made of a premium metal such as stainless steel, and they will include a metal jar that will not wear away as fast as lower-end brands.
- Lower-end brands will be made from a cheaper plastic. The basic jar can tend to wear away faster than others.
- Depending on the brand, all blenders will come with some sort of warranty that can last more than a few years. These limited time warranties will protect parts that were damaged due to wear and tear.
- Blenders will come with a container that is made of a plastic or stainless steel material. Most blenders can hold up to eight cups of mixture.
Tips to know:
- Take a close look at the control panels when deciding which blender to buy. Because this area tends to get the dirtiest, it is important to get a blender that has an easy to clean panel. The same can be said with an attached blade. Attached blades are going to be a lot harder to clean than ones that can come out.
- Know what kind of speeds the blender offers. Blenders can offer anywhere from 3 to 16 speeds. Most blenders will show the recommended speeds for different food items in the instructions manual.
- A glass container is a lot easier to clean than a plastic container. The problem with a plastic container is that the smells can absorb inside of the plastics and the rich colors from blueberries, for example, could permanently stain.
How can I save money?
- If you are in the market to purchase a higher end blender, consider checking Craigslist or eBay. Just make sure that the blender works; if they do, it is a great way to save more than 40 percent. Used blenders are a great idea since there are many people that buy a blender or are given one as a gift but never use it.
|Help us! Did you get a quote before? Did you make the purchase? Help our community by sharing! Every month, we choose a random comment and award them with a $25 Amazon.com gift card.|