How Much Do Brazil Nuts Cost?
The Brazil nut is one of the tastiest and healthiest nuts that are available today. This type of nut comes from the Brazil nut tree which is native to the Amazon forests of South America. Their crescent shape and hard brown shell makes the Brazil nut closely resemble an acorn. People love them because of their delicious taste and their creamy texture. Brazil nuts can be eaten raw, but some people prefer to have them roasted or salted. Brazil nuts may also be used as toppings or ingredients in desserts such as ice cream and baked goods like bread and pastries. While Brazil nuts are quite high in fat and calories, there are also many health benefits that you can receive from these nuts. They are also very filling since they contain a lot of protein; while the nuts may seem expensive, you will probably not eat that many at a time so they will last a lot longer than other products in that same price range.
How much do they cost?
- The cost of Brazil nuts may vary depending on the location or state, volume, weight, and the seller. Depending on the type of Brazil nut, most Brazil nuts are going to be anywhere from as little as $6 to as much as $13 per pound. Organic raw nuts are going to cost more than those that are not deemed organic.
- At Amazon.com, Brazil nuts cost around $11 for two pounds.
- On the other hand, at nuts.com, Brazil nuts cost around $5.99 to $11.99 per pound. Raw Brazil nuts cost $5.99 while organic raw Brazil nuts are being sold at $11.99. Roasted Brazil nuts costs around $8.99 to $9.99 per pound.
What is going to be included?
- Common types of Brazil nuts include: raw with no shell, in shell, roasted and salted, pieces, nuts dipped in chocolate, unsalted and raw cacao.
- The cost of Brazil nuts may include the cost for packaging and handling as well as shipping or delivery, especially so when these are ordered online or from other areas.
- Organic Brazil nuts will not be processed or artificially grown. They will also be grown and harvested in the most environmentally friendly way possible.
- Brazil nuts include a high concentration of selenium which makes them a healthy choice. They are also an important ingredient in shelled nut mixtures. They also contain a high percentage of digestible oil, carbohydrates, protein, calcium, potassium and Vitamin B.
- The Brazil nut tree is the only species in the monotypic genus Bertholletia which is native to the Guianas, Venezuela, Brazil, eastern Colombia, eastern Peru and eastern Bolivia. It occurs as scattered trees in large forests on the banks of the Amazon, Rio Negro, Tapajós, and the Orinoco. The genus is named after the French chemist Claude Louis Berthollet.
- The Brazil nut is a large tree, reaching 50 meters tall and with a trunk of 1 to 2 meters in diameter, making it one of the largest trees in the Amazon rainforests. It may live for 500 years or more.
What are the extra costs?
- Purchasing Brazil nuts may incur additional costs for packaging and handling as well as shipping or delivery. Just ask the seller beforehand regarding the terms and conditions involved in shipping or delivery.
- If you want to purchase raw Brazil nuts to make them a certain way, you may need other ingredients.
- If you have a hard time opening Brazil nuts that are still in their shells, you may want to purchase a nut cracker.
Tips to know
- These nuts can become rancid quickly if they are exposed to the light and air. With that being said, make sure that they are kept dry and sealed in an air-tight container when not in use. A dark, cool place will allow them to stay fresh for months.
- Brazil nuts are a healthy option for snacks and desserts. Try to include them in your diet in small amounts. You can check out various recipes using Brazil nuts and share this with your family and friends. They also go great on ice cream and in baked goods.
- Selenium, an active ingredient in Brazil nuts, is a powerful antioxidant that neutralizes free radicals in the body. This element has been known to protect from cancer and heart disease. Magnesium is also found in large amounts in Brazil nuts; you will get 65 mg of magnesium in every 1 ounce serving. Magnesium is important in absorbing the energy from the nuts, energizing the muscles and nerves. It also helps the body absorb calcium. In addition to selenium and magnesium, Brazil nuts are also high in protein, fiber, and healthy fats.
How can I save money?
- Some stores provide discounts for bulk orders. You can order a large volume of Brazil nuts so that you can save money. You can ask friends to split the costs an supply with you.
- If you buy Brazil nuts online or from other locations, you can save money if you can find an offer for free shipping or minimal delivery costs.
|Help us! Did you get a quote before? Did you make the purchase? Help our community by sharing! Every month, we choose a random comment and award them with a $25 Amazon.com gift card.|