How Much Do Car Speakers Cost?
Car speakers provide sound throughout the car for the passengers and driver. These speakers can be used to play the radio or a CD, or it can be hooked up to an MP3 player to play music. The speakers can even play a phone call that is coming through your phone for a hands free experience. Whether you want to replace the car speakers in your car because they are broken or you are looking to upgrade your sound system, the cost of new car speakers is going to greatly depend on a variety of factors. These factors are going to include the wattage, the brand, where you purchase them, and the type of speakers you want.
How much is it?
- On average, without any sort of professional installation, car speakers are going to cost anywhere from $20 to as much as $300.
- 100-watt 2-way speakers can retail for $65 to as much as $250, while a 40-watt speaker set can retail for $20 to $50. Generally, the more wattage you need, the more you are going to pay.
- For example, the highly popular Pyle PL63BL 360-watt, 3-way speakers retail for $20 to $40 on Amazon.
- Dealercostcaraudio.com, a massive car audio retailer, has thousands of car speakers from which you can choose. Depending on the size that you need for you car, the prices range anywhere from as little as $10 to as much as $500.
What is going to be included?
- Most car speakers come either as a 2-way or 3-way. A 2-way speaker means that it has two drivers to reproduce the sound. Typically, it will have a “tweeter” and woofer.” Some 2-way speakers can use more than two drivers to produce the sound. As for a 3-way speaker and beyond, these speakers are designed to split the incoming signals into three bands. Typically, the more bands that are split, the better the sound. This explains why three way speakers are more expensive than two way speakers.
- Common wattage includes 40, 50, 60, 80 and 100-watts.
- Average speaker sizes include 3 inches, 3.5 inches, 4 inches, 4 x 6 inches, 5.25 inches, 6 x 8 inches, 6 x 9 inches and 6.5 inches.
- The speakers you purchase may come with a warranty from the manufacturer. This is usually only true with the higher quality speakers.
- If you are going to install the speakers yourself, there will be basic instructions that you will be given to follow. This will explain how to set up the wiring.
What are the extra costs?
- If you want to upgrade your whole sound system in your car, you are going to need more than just car speakers. Additional components can include car subwoofers, amplifiers, equalizers and crossovers, and MP3 players. Depending on the system that you are looking to get, the prices can get very close to the $1,000 mark.
- If you need a professional company to install the speakers, the costs can hover around the $50 to $100 mark. This price will depend on the brand and the complexity of the installation job.
- Installing the car stereo on your own may mean additional parts. Most parts should cost no more than $50. These parts will typically include a kit receiver and wire harness.
Factors that influence the price:
- Model. The type of speaker that you want will have the biggest influence on the price. For example, if you want three way rather than two way, you will pay more. The price can also be different depending on the wattage.
- Brand. Some brands are very well-known for their sound systems. Speakers from these brands will be more expensive than a generic brand.
- Store. The store through which you purchase your speakers will have the right to decide the price you pay. If it is a store specifically for car sound systems, you will probably pay more than if you purchased them at a large retailer such as Best Buy.
Tips to know:
- All car speakers are not created equally. To find out what speakers are going to fit within your car, consider using helpful tools online such as this Crutchfield.com database.
Top brands to consider:
How can I save money?
- Some companies may offer free installation if you purchase the speakers directly from them. Check out local audio stores that have a great reputation. Many of them will have websites that showcase their monthly specials.
- Installing car speakers is not that hard. Since every car is going to be different when it comes to the installation, make sure that you search for your particular model online. There is a good chance that you will find a guide floating around out there. For example, say you owned a Toyota Camry. Searching for something such as, “Toyota Camry car speaker installation,” could yield some results.
- Test your luck with websites such as eBay. If you do not mind purchasing used, you may be able to find yourself a good deal. Just make sure that the speakers work before investing your money.
|Help us! Did you get a quote before? Did you make the purchase? Help our community by sharing!|