How Much Do Checks Cost?
Checks are documents that give the holder the ability to pay for goods and services without having to use cash. Checks are tied to a personal bank account, and when they are written and signed, they give the recipient the power to take the specified amount of money out of your personal account and into theirs. Most people use checks for paying bills, making purchases at a store, or paying employees since checks are much safer than cash. Checks can be purchased online; there are basic checks with no design or a simple logo, or there are those that have elaborate designs that can be personalized for the customer. There are several companies that provide checks or you can order them through your bank.
How much is it?
- On average, a box of checks that contains 50 to 100 checks can cost anywhere from $9 to as much as $60 per box. Checks can be purchased from different stores and they are also available online. The price depends on the design of the checks and number of checks that will be printed.
- Artistically designed checks of different types can cost anywhere from $9 to $35 per box. Common types of checks that are available include wallet style single checks, side tear single checks, and duplicate checks.
- Photo checks can cost anywhere from $20 to $34 per box. These types of checks can have a photo printed on them.
- Sophisticated checks that have a theme, such as collectors edition checks that include holiday designs, cartoon character inspired designs, and mountain reflections, can range anywhere from $28 to $65 per box.
- For example, Check Gallery is an online store that offers different types of checks that are also made from recyclable materials. The price of personal checks that they sell can range from $18 to $45 depending on the design.
- Styles Checks is another online retailer that offers differently designed checks. The company sells traditionally designed checks that have simple designs. These designs include executive checks and elegance checks. They usually sell 1 to 4 boxes which can cost anywhere from $21 to $56. The more boxes of checks that are purchased, the more that you will be able to save per box.
What is going to be included?
- A box will usually contain anywhere from 50 to 100 checks. These checks will be customized before they are sent out. Common layouts include wallet styles, side-tear as well as checks that can be duplicated. These duplicate checks help you keep track of what checks have been written.
- Most check books come with a register in the back where you can write what amounts you have spent and keep track of the balance of your account.
- Once the checks are delivered, each check with have the customer’s account and routing number as well as return address that will be printed in the upper right hand corner.
What are the extra costs?
- There are additional costs for the case in which you will put the checks. A check wallet can hold a specific number of checks and can be made of leather or faux leather designed after different animals. A case can start at $5 and go up from there. Some companies may include a lower grade check holder for free.
- Most checks will take upwards of 7 days to process. Expedited shipping fees can result in extra charges.
How can I save money?
- Buying several boxes of checks will help you save at least $5 to $10 compared to buying them one box at a time.
- Pick a more simple designed check rather than elaborately designed ones since simple ones can cost a lot less than plain checks.
- Check with your banks since many banks will give out checks for free to their customers.