How Much Do Church Pews Cost?
Church pews are either long benches or an enclosed box used mainly for seating people in church. A church is a place where people congregate to express their faith in their particular religion. During the service, people are asked to be seated while the priest or the pastor speaks. Churches have seats which are called church pews that resemble a long bench. Some pews also have kneelers for churches that encourage public kneeling during prayer. Pews are often made of wood and arranged in rows that face the stage.
How much is it?
- Church pews can be purchased from specialty stores that make furniture for churches. The price of church pews depends on several factors. As mentioned earlier, church pews are either box type or open pews. The size of the church pews is also a factor for the price of the furniture. On average, a church pew can cost anywhere from $200 to as much as $2,000 per pew.
- Church pews that are purchase used can cost significantly less. The price for the pews alone can cost $200 to $500 while a complete set can cost $750 to $1,000.
- ChurchFurnitures.com is a specialty store that manufactures church pews online. This particular online company offers free installation of the pews and they also offer various designs that are upholstered with different finishes and fabrics of different colors and designs. The price of the pews that they offer range from $450 to $500 per pew.
- The company Church Interiors Inc. also offers differently designed church pews and other church accessories. They sell pews that have distinct designs such as modern, traditional and colonial. The price of the Church pews sold by this company can be from $800 to $1,200.
What is going to be included?
- Church pews have several parts that will be assembled by the company that manufactures them. Some of the church pews would even have built in kneelers that will be included with the chair.
- Church pews also have shelves where you can place your belongings. Pews will not have any foam in the seats, but the kneelers would have protective foam to cover the surface.
What are the extra costs?
- An additional cost would be the shipping of the furniture. Since church pews can be quite large, they will need to be moved by big trucks that will charge for the delivery of the seats.
- Use of the church pews can result in wear and tear, and the manufacturer of the pews can perform restoration on the seats. Pews can be finished with a gloss for an additional cost which will be charged on top of the total cost.
- Customized pews that have designs engraved, etc., can cost more than a basic pew that is currently in stock.
Tips to know:
- Church pews are usually custom made; you will be able to choose your own design based on the design of the church.
- There are different types of wood that can be made into church pews. Ask the manufacturer for the most durable type of wood that can be made into pews.
How can I save money?
- Choosing a durable wood for church pews can become a crucial decision to make since the more durable the wood is, the longer it will last.
- Ask manufacturers for special offers that they can give you especially if you are ordering bulk items.