How Much Do Dance Shoes Cost?
If you’re not a dancer, you may consider ballet shoes as the one and only dance shoe style. However, professional dancers know that there are also shoes available for other kinds of dance from tap to jazz to ballroom.
Every dance shoe is specifically designed to sustain dancers’ feet and bodies according to their chosen type of dance. Dance shoes are also designed to prevent dancers from slipping or sliding. Dance shoes are one of the most crucial parts of a dancer’s ensemble. The type of dance shoe you need will depend on the style of dance, but for any type of shoe that you decide to purchase, a proper fit is going to be key. Sporting the incorrect shoe size can make your feet, legs, and ankles hurt. To ensure you get the right fit, it is imperative that you buy your dance shoes at a dance store where an expert can help you try the pair on.
How much is it?
- Dance shoe pricing is going to vary depending on a few various factors such as the brand, the size, the store from which you purchase, and more. Customizable shoes will cost considerably more, since they will have to be created by the local store and/or manufacturer.
- Ballet shoes are going to cost anywhere from $12 to $20 per pair.
- Tap shoes can cost anywhere from $20 to $55 per pair.
- Jazz shoes will cost anywhere from $20 to $55 per pair.
- Pointe shoes that can be used in many various dances can cost anywhere from $40 to $60 per pair.
- Modern/lyrical shoes have a price ranging from $10 to $40.
What are the extra costs?
- When you purchase a pair of dance shoes online, allow for extra shipping charges. Most online retailers will require a minimum purchase before they offer free shipping.
- Shoe maintenance, such as polishing, heel and/or sole replacement, sanitizing, and more may be required over the life of the shoe.
- Accessories such as a shoehorn, shoe tree, heel grip, foam tap, shoe bag, shoe laces, shoe polish and brush are not included upon purchase of the pair of dance shoes. You may want to consider some of these accessories.
What is going to be included?
- A replacement warranty may be included for a limited time. Inquire about the warranty to see how long it may last if there is one.
How can I save money?
- You can get dance shoes at any dance store or warehouse in the neighborhood. If you don’t have an idea where to start looking , simply make a call to any dance studio nearby and they will either have the shoes or be able to give you information on how to purchase them.
- Some dance studios may offer a discount on their shoes if you take dance lessons there.
- There are some dance shoe distributors that offer sale prices both online and in-store.
- Distributors may also allow the use of coupons for your dance shoe purchases. Check your local paper to see if there are any coupons.
|Help us! Did you get a quote before? Did you make the purchase? Help our community by sharing!|