How Much Do Fuses Cost?
A fuse is a type of overcurrent protection device. As the name implies, the fuse is intentionally designed or engineered to fail under excess electrical stress or other unexpected and dangerous situations. The fuse fails first, protecting other parts of the system which can help you save on additional costs. Fuses can be used in a number of ways. They can be used for cars, electronic devices, and at home. The price of a fuse is determined by its use, brand, size, power capabilities, and the store selling it.
How much is it?
- Fuses that are most commonly replaced in cars, light trucks, and other vehicles have a chip type that either meets or exceeds OEM specifications. A set can be sold anywhere for from $6 to $26. These sets generally have 40 to 200 pieces.
- Fuses that are usually found in electronic devices are also sold by their AMP rate. For example, a 5 piece 8 amp fuse can cost anywhere from $6 to $8. An 8 amp variety is also offered at the same price. On average, an electrical fuse can cost $2 to $15.
- Air compressors and air accessories also uses fuse to protect the other parts of the item. These type of fuses are sold for $12 to $15.
- A common 250V fuse can cost anywhere from $2 to $6, depending on the brand. For example, a set of 5 15A 250v fast blow fuses cost $1 to $3.
What are the extra costs?
- Auto fuses should be mounted in order for them to be connected to the circuit. There are fuse mounts and holders available which usually cost $4 to $8.
- Since the fuse is considered to be a sacrificial over current part, it is meant to be replaced as needed.
What is going to be included?
- The fuse is meant to be used alone, but since there are so many different types and sizes of fused it may be frustrating to buy them individually. A set of fuses will include fuses for different types of vehicles and it also has a container to properly organize your fuses. It’s ideal to purchase a set, since there’s a good chance that you’ll have to replace others in the future.
How can I save money?
- Always maintain your vehicle and electronic devices to avoid excessive current to flow through the circuit. This will avoid frequent replacement of the fuse.
- Use a fuse that has the appropriate capacity for your circuit. Buying a fuse that has a bigger power capacity will render it useless, allowing the current to flow to the main circuit which can ruin your device or vehicle.
- Fuses are commonly going to come in a bulk pack. If you don’t need this bulk package, consider purchasing and taking the fuses out that you need. If you want to save it, you may find that these fuses can go bad down the road. If not, highly consider reselling a used pack online to get a majority of your money back.
- A smaller purchase such as this may be better off being purchased in person to avoid the higher shipping fees that some companies may charge online.
|Help us! Did you get a quote before? Did you make the purchase? Help our community by sharing! Every month, we choose a random comment and award them with a $25 Amazon.com gift card.|