How Much Do Golf Balls Cost?
Golf balls are crucial factors that contribute to a good game of golf. A wide array of golf balls manufactured by different brands is available on the market. Over the years, golf balls have been continuously improved to give golfers the best choice of ball to match their game.
The cost of golf balls differs according to brand, quantity, and durability. Beginners are known to throw away many golf balls as well as a lot of the money spent purchasing them because they may lose a lot of golf balls before they can improve on their game. Expert golfers are pickier about which balls they use since they are more in control. Some sites also offer refurbished golf balls for considerably cheaper, but the prices listed in this article all refer to new ones.
How much does it cost?
- The website Callaway Golf, a leading golf ball manufacturer, lists prices of golf balls anywhere from $19.99 for Women’s Solaire Golf Balls to $45.99 for the HEX Black Tour Golf Balls.
- GolfDigest.com, a subscription magazine for golf enthusiasts, gives different brands of golf balls that are listed in different price categories. On the list, the cheapest under $20 shows the brands Pinnacle Dimension and Noodle sell for $15 and the better known brands such as Callaway, Srixon and Wilson retail for $20 per dozen. The most expensive price category is over $35. Brands such as Srixon retail for $40, while the most expensive ones costing $46 per dozen were made by Taylormade and Titleist.
- On average, depending on the brand that you like to use, the prices for golf balls are going to range anywhere from $15 to as much as $50 per dozen.
What is going to be included?
- Golf balls are usually sold per dozen in a box.
- Golf balls can be made in two parts or three parts. The two part golf balls are the cheaper ones; they are made of rubber and plastic and are the most common type of golf ball. They make up 70% of golf ball production. However, they are not the most accurate and reliable balls. The three part golf ball is more expensive and is the one that is used by professionals. This type of ball is made of plastic, windings of rubber thread, and a core that is either solid, gel, or liquid.
- Certain golf balls are manufactured for different purposes. For example, some are made for farther distance while others are made for certain types of spin. Do some research on the type of ball that is right for you.
What are the extra costs?
- Some players, especially those who already play professionally, prefer to have their names or initials printed on each ball. Known as personalized golf balls, this is considered to be an additional cost.
Factors that influence the price:
- Two main factors that influence the cost of a golf ball are durability and the brand name.
- Knowing the ball is going to receive a lot of blows, durability a very important factor. Therefore, it is not just the cost to consider but also how long the ball will last; even though the ball you purchase is cheap, it will eventually cost you more since you have to replace it more often.
- Manufacturers who have made a name for themselves with the long number of years of being in the business naturally command a higher price.
Tips to know:
- Beginners usually will not be able to tell the difference between a cheap ball with an expensive ball, so the price of the golf balls will not really matter until after they gain experience and a feel for the ball.
- For those who plan to go professional and have the cash to spare, starting out with top-of-the-line equipment is not a bad choice. The better the equipment is, the better the result will be.
- Those on a budget can choose to start cheap on equipment and then use the extra cash to get golf lessons to improve your game. SEE: “How much do golf lessons cost?“
- When buying online, it is best to read comments and feedback about the product before making a purchase especially if you are not familiar with the brand and type of the golf ball. Do not just purchase cheap golf balls because of their price.
How can I save money?
- Online shops often post offers and/or sales such as “Buy 4 dozen for the price of 3.” Always search for the best deals and take advantage of the ones you find.
- If you are just newcomer to the sport, consider the fact that you will probably be losing a lot of balls while perfecting your craft, so cost is a big consideration. By buying in bulk, the price can significantly go down.
- You can purchase used golf balls from driving ranges, garage sales, etc. While these golf balls might be low quality, they are perfect for the person who is trying to learn the game of golf but is unsure how much they like it yet.
|Help us! Did you get a quote before? Did you make the purchase? Help our community by sharing!|