How Much Do Harnesses Cost?
Harnesses provide support or restraint to an individual or an item. They are used in a variety of ways and are made to handle a specific task. To prevent it from breaking, harnesses are specially produced to provide support at a certain tension. There are different types of harnesses available and will vary in price according to their purpose.
How much is it?
- A child harness is used to restrain a child; it is worn while an extended rope is held by the adult. These harnesses designed for children can cost $5 to $18. The harnesses may also include a backpack as well to help store items such as drinks and food.
- Rock climbers use climbing harness and are the very means of life and death for them as they use this to suspend in the air while elevated from the ground. A climbing harness designed for this purpose can vary from $19 to $195.
- A dog harness works much like a child harness. The harness is worn around the dog and is held by the owner through a rope extension. This type of harness goes for $9 to $15 depending on the length.
- A cat harness that is similar to one that is used for a dog can range anywhere from $2 to as much as $15.
- A harness designed for those that play paintball holds all the equipment necessary in order to play the game. Depending on the brand, as well as the quality, they can cost $15 to $40.
What are the extra costs?
- Climbing rope needs to be purchased by rock climbers as they attach it to the harness. This rope will start at $75.
- Carabiners are also sold and are a means to attach the rope to a point for proper positioning.
- Pulleys are required to ascend or descend the harnessed individual. These will usually start $85.
What is going to be included?
- Included with the harness is the harness itself as well as an extended rope used to hold the harness and the individual restrained.
- Some harnesses will come with a limited warranty. Generally, the higher harnesses are going to come with a better warranty.
- Professional harnesses that are designed for climbing are going to give the user 360 degrees of movement. This allows the user to spin at their own leisure.
- Higher end harnesses are going to have padding on the shoulder straps as well as the wrist and backrest, providing adequate comfort.
- All harnesses are going to have a buckle system that enables the user to adjust the straps to provide a snug fit.
How can I save money?
- Look for harnesses that are made by a reputable company. This can guarantee that the product made comes with a warranty and it will last longer which in turn will allow you to save money. Checking for reviews online can go a long way.
- Compare prices from different stores which will allow you to choose the product that is offered at a reasonable price.