How Much Do Hot Dog Buns Cost?
Hot dog buns are a type of bread that is specially designed to hold a hot dog. Hot dog buns contain the hot dog itself and generally the condiments that go along with it. The elongated shape of the bread tells you that the sausage will perfectly fit inside of it. The cost of hot dog buns will really depend on the brand, the quality of the bread, and the store from which you purchase them. Most hot dog buns come in a standard size, although different sizes and shapes can be found.
How much does it cost?
- According to the comparison between Walmart and Target made by Cockeyed.com, the price of an 8 pack hot dog buns costs about $2. The price fluctuates depending on its brand.
- In the average grocery store, a 12 pack hot dog buns costs almost $5.
- For example, an online store such as FamousFoods.com sells an 18 ounce package of hot dog buns for $4.75.
- Overall, plan on spending anywhere from $1 to $5 for pack of 8 to 12 buns on average. At larger wholesale clubs such as Costco, they may come in packs of 16 and fall within the same price range.
What is going to be included?
- If you are to buy hot dog buns, you have to consider the size of the hot dog you are going to prepare. Hot dog buns also come in different shapes and flavors. For example, some are made from wheat and others are from potatoes. The price will also vary depending on the kind of hot dog buns you want to use.
- Hot dog buns often come in packs of eight or 12. Since hot dogs are also purchased in groups of 8, an 8-pack is your best option.
- Hot dog buns can be made of different breads, in different thicknesses, and can contain things like sesame seeds. There are also lite varieties that have lower fat and fewer calories.
What are the extra costs?
- You can opt to make your own hot dog buns at home if you have the time and resources. If you do, your additional costs will depend on how much cost you have incurred in making your buns with the ingredients. For instance, this FoodieWithFamily.com recipe calls for around $5 to $10 in ingredients.
- Of course, the sausage and hot dogs that will accommodate the buns will need to be purchased separately, as will the condiments to accent the hot dogs.
Factors that influence the price:
- Brand. The brand of the hot dog buns matters. If you are to buy well-known buns, then you will probably spend more.
- Size. Hot dog sizes vary as well as the bun size. The larger your hot dog buns are, the more you may have to pay.
- Kind. Hot dog buns come in many kinds. The price varies according to what kind of buns you would like to use for your hot dogs. Potato buns with healthier ingredients might cost more than a store brand.
- Price of flour. The price of flour will go up and down with the market and this could slightly effect the prices.
Tips to know:
- Pay attention to the sell by or use by date printed on the package of hot dog buns. This date will tell you how long the buns will be good. If you are not able to use all the hot dog buns by the date printed on the package, you can freeze the remaining ones. Just take them out of the freezer an hour or two before using them.
- Try to buy the same number of hot dog buns as you do hot dogs. This will eliminate the waste of uneaten hot dog buns.
How can I save money?
- Consider a nearby bakery rather than your local grocery store. Bakeries offer lower prices than the ones offered in the grocery stores. Always remember that buns are made by bakeshops; thus, it is wise to purchase directly on the bakeshops. These hot dog buns will probably also be more delicious.
- This is a common item that is always on sale, especially during the summer holidays such as the fourth of July.
- If you are not loyal to store brands, consider testing them. These store brands tend to be the brands that are less than $2.
- As with any product, the more that you purchase at once, the more you can save.
|Help us! Did you get a quote before? Did you make the purchase? Help our community by sharing!|