How Much Do Lap Pools Cost?
|Need a pro near you? Get multiple quotes for free online. Get your quote now >>|
Lap pools are popular especially inside houses. They are not as big as recreational pools and can be installed in the ground or above the ground. Even with the limited space in your home, lap pools can easily be installed in your house regardless of the size. Most lap pools work by sending a constant flow of water against you as you swim – almost like an underwater treadmill. Swimming is great exercise, and lap pools provide an excellent way to have a low-impact workout.
How much is it?
- On average, a lap pool is going to cost anywhere from $5,000 to as much as $15,000. This will not include the installation cost if you choose to have a professional contractor do it for you.
- Lap pools vary in size and depth and the price will greatly depend on the size of pool that you choose to purchase. For example, a 6 x 30 lap pools can cost $5,600 to $8,800. This size is one of the smallest lap pools that can you have installed in your house.
- An 8 x 50 lap pool can cost $6,700 to $10,600.
- A larger lap pool that measures at 12 x 44 can be installed for $7,000 to $13,100.
- According to the online retailer PoolWarehouse.com, the price of a lap pool can range anywhere from $6,100 for a 6×30 lap pool to $8,500 for a 10×60 lap pool.
What are the extra costs?
- On a weekly basis, pool chemicals will need to be added to ensure that the water maintains the proper chlorine levels, etc. A professional service can come out on a weekly basis for $30 to $60 a week, or if you choose the purchase the chemicals yourself, they can start at $20.
- To have the lap pool professionally installed will be an added expense. The price of a contractor will vary depending on the size of the pool, the complexity, and other various factors. The cost may be 2 to 3 times the price of the pool itself.
- Most lap pools will come with a standard liner. For those that want a liner that has a specialized design or even customized, additional fees can apply.
- Additional pool steps or if more steps need to be added, fees can apply as well.
- Depending on the pool size, accessories such as a diving board and filtration system can be added.
- Salt water based lap pools are going to cost more than those that run on a chlorine pool. Salt water systems can start at $2,000 and go up from there depending on the brand, etc.
What is going to be included?
- Each brand is going to vary. Most lap pools will come equipped with a step, a control panel to control the flow of the current, liners to keep the pool from eroding over time, a pump, and a filter.
How can I save money?
- Measure the space that you have and make sure that you have just the proper space to install a lap pool. Look for a contractor that will offer you the cheapest price by comparing several contractors. Use services such as Service Magic to find a contractor in your area to find the cheapest quote.
|Help us! Did you get a quote before? Did you make the purchase? Help our community by sharing!|