How Much Do Mangos Cost?
One of the most common fruits available is the mango. A mango is a fleshy stone fruit and has numerous species. They are mostly available in tropical countries. Since there are several varieties of mangos available on the market, their prices will vary. Mangos are produced and manufactured in a variety of ways, which can have an effect on the pricing as well.
How much is it?
- In the United States, most grocery stores are going to sell mangos for $1.50 to $4 per mango. A mango in the summer in a tropical country is going to be cheaper, whereas a mango in a country such as Canada in the winter is going to cost much more.
- For example, a 7 pound tropical mango is available for $28 to $40. A 2.5 pound mango can cost $12 to $20.
- Processed dried mangoes are a popular mango product that originates in the Philippines. A 30 ounce dried mango package can cost $14 to $30. For example, the Phillippine Brand has a 30 ounce bag that retails for $20 to $30.
- Raw mango butter can cost $8 to $25. This is a butter that is extracted from the kernels of a mango tree. This butter is ideal for preventing wrinkles and dry skin.
- Organic mango juice and teas can cost $4 to $7 per 32 ounce bottle.
- Mangos are also used as a way to lose weight. Mango extracts are processed into capsules that can be taken orally. These bottles can cost $7 to $11.
- Mangos are also sold as baby food. A jar of processed baby food can cost $1 to $3 depending on the brand.
What is going to be included?
- Mangos purchased in bulk may come packaged in a netting based bag. This bag is a way to transport the mangos as well as keep them fresh.
What are the extra costs?
- If you purchase an item online, there may be additional shipping charges. Larger items that weigh more,such as mango juice,may incur a higher fee.
- Organic juices and teas are going to cost more than concentrated juice.
Tips to know:
- To properly cut a mango, get a good idea on where the seed is located. This is a seed that is generally flat and large. You’ll want to cut from the stem to the bottom, cutting parallel to the seed. After this cut has been accomplished, you should have two sides of the mango. Take each of the two slices and begin to make a pattern creating smaller cubes. After the cubes have been formed, you can simply pop them.
- Mango juice can often lead bad stains so it’s best to keep the juice away from carpets.
- For every pound, plan on getting close to 2 cups of diced fruit.
How can I save money?
- Since mangos can spoil easily, they should be consumed immediately. Only purchase the amount necessary.
- Buy fresh mangoes since manufactured mangoes can cost more; additional costs to manufacture mangos will add to the total price of the product.
- When buying mangos, try to shop around on the internet or in your local market to compare prices. Comparing prices will enable you to choose the product that has the lowest price. Also, check local weekly ads for sales.
|Help us! Did you get a quote before? Did you make the purchase? Help our community by sharing! Every month, we choose a random comment and award them with a $25 Amazon.com gift card.|