How Much Do Manx Kittens Cost?
Cats have several breeds and one of the most commonly bred is the “Manx.” The Manx kitten is a breed of cat which is known for having a stub of a tail or having no tail at all. This is characterized by a naturally mutating spine which makes this cat very unique. Manx cats usually live in warmer climates and are said to be skilled hunters and are often used by farmers to drive out rodents. The price for Manx kittens depends on the age of the kitten as well as the purity of the breed. The location where the kittens will be purchased can also play a factor in the price.
How much is it?
- Manx kittens are bred differently and this is one of the factors considered when a breeder decides to sell one. The average price for Manx kittens can range from $150 to $500.
- A breeder from New York, for example, is selling his 4 month old Manx kittens for $450 to $500. A tailless Manx kittens sold in the area of Oregon can be purchased for $195 to $250. These specific kittens are litter box trained so they don’t make a mess. They are already treated with flea and tick protection. Another kitten sold in the state of Texas is 2 months old and has a stub tail. The kitten is sold for $250 to $300.
- Older Manx cats that are over the age of 1 will usually cost less than a kitten. Older adult cats can cost $75 to $200.
What are the extra costs?
- Registration fees for having your Manx kitten licensed is considered an additional cost. The license fee varies from state to state and can cost $8 to $30.
- Basic cat accessories such as litter, water bowls, food, and more will be required to ensure that your kitten lives a long, healthy life. Start up fees for a cat range from $25 to $200, depending on the number of supplies needed.
- While most breeders will include the start up shots and necessary medication, many may need it in the future. A typical vet bill can cost $55 to $175 for the office examination alone.
What is going to be included?
- There are cats that are sold that have been registered with the CFA, which is the world’s largest registry of pedigreed breeds. Some cats may have already been registered within the state, which can help you save on registration fees. Check with the breeder to ensure that your cat is a purebred – they should have paperwork to prove that it is.
- Some owners may include the shipping fees if you choose to purchase online, as well as a start up kit that may include some sample foods and toys.
How can I save money?
- A lot of institutions offer Manx kittens for adoption. This is probably the best way to save on costs since you can potentially get the kitten for free. Registration is also taken care of at the institutions, allowing you save on several costs.
- Compare breeders online as all the pricing is going to vary. Factor in the shipping costs if you’re going to purchase away from your home.