How Much Do Mason Jars Cost?
Mason jars are glass jars used in canning as well as used to preserve different foods. Mason jars are used to store a variety of food items, but they are more commonly used to store jams. The price for Mason jars depends heavily on the size of the jars as they are available in different sizes.
How much is it?
- Mason jars are usually sold in packs by different companies. The number of jars per container and the size of the jars are the two main factors in determining price. The average price range of mason jars are from $2 to $22.
- A single mason jar that comes equipped with a lid can cost $2 to $5. These jars can measure in 4, 8, 16 or 32 ounces.
- A 12 bottle pack of wide mouth mason jars that are made of tempered glass and that can fill up to 1 quart of content can cost $15 to $22.
- A case of 12, 1 quart regular mouth mason jars can cost $18 to $25. Half gallon jars can cost $18 to $30 per 12.
- Freezer safe mason jars are also manufactured for additional longevity of food items. These bottles are heat resistant and can fill up to 1 pint of content. There are 12 case bottles that can cost $15 to $21.
- Bottles with side handles that resembles a mug are also available. 12 16-ounce mason jars are sold for $21 to $27. The jars often resemble the look of a coffee mug.
- Antique mason jars that were manufactured in the early 1900s could cost upwards of $30 to as much as $300 per set.
- A popular color such as those that are blue can cost $30 to $70 per set depending upon the brand.
What are the extra costs?
- Mouth lids for the jars are needed if you lose the ones that came with the bottles when you bought them. The lids alone can cost $3 to $6.
- Customized mason jars with designs can cost a little more than the standard, blank jars that most stores sell.
- Additional shipping fees may apply through some online retailers.
- If unfamiliar with canning, additional recipe books may be necessary in order to ensure that the canning is done correctly.
What is going to be included?
- Most mason jars are going to come with the lid and ring to ensure that the items are sealed properly.
- Instructions and recipes may come with some popular brands of mason jars such as Ball.
How can I save money?
- One of the best ways to save on money is to recycle used bottles. Used bottles from baby food can be a great alternative to buying new jars.
- Consider purchasing in bulk if a lot of canning is going to be done. The more jars that are purchased, the more that can be saved per jar. Most online stores offer these kind of bulk purchases for those that can on a frequent basis.
- If purchasing from a retailer online that deals with mason jars, consider looking for coupons or promotions before purchasing them. Most online stores always have some sort of deal floating around on the internet, so attempt to search before making the purchase.
|Help us! Did you get a quote before? Did you make the purchase? Help our community by sharing!|