How Much Do Mature Trees Cost?
Mature trees are defined by their ability to reproduce and bear seeds. They are also known as fast growing trees since they are sold when they are already at the stage where they can provide seeds. There are many benefits when getting mature trees as they require less attention since they are already at a matured stage. They also provide enhancements in home gardens and properties where they are planted. The price of these trees depends mainly on the type of tree and your location.
How much is it?
- On average, a mature tree can cost anywhere from $300 to as much as $3,000 depending on the size and type.
- A plain tree, which is a handsome tree that are often used in streets as it provides great color contrast as well as shade, can cost $200 to $445.
- For example, an Alder tree is very well known as its timber is used widely for construction. This type of tree is resistant to decay underwater. A mature 10 foot or larger Alder tree can cost anywhere from $250 to $480.
- One of the most popular trees is the sycamore tree. These are known for their helicopter seeds that spin to the ground. Sycamore trees are fast growers and they are often use as wind breaks and provide visual enhancement to a garden. This type of tree is sold for $230 to $500.
- A blue spruce pine that is 22 to 25 feet tall can cost $400 to $700.
What are the extra costs?
- Mature trees are delivered to your house since they are full grown trees. The cost for the delivery differs by distance of the seller to your house, but delivery can be anywhere from $200 to $400 depending on the nursery.
- Planting of the tree may be charged by the seller as well. This price depends on the number of trees that will be planted.
What is going to be included?
- Mature trees are sold on their own and can be planted as is. Most nurseries will prep the tree, protect the roots, and prepare the tree for delivery.
- If the tree is going to be delivered, most will drop it off in the place where you want to have it planted. Planting the tree will be an additional cost.
How can I save money?
- Buy the right mature tree for your house. Remember that trees can increase the value of your property and planting the right tree for your garden can attract buyers.
- Try to talk to different suppliers and see which one will offer the type of tree that you want at a lower price.
- If you want to have a professional to help plant the tree, consider using services such as Service Magic to find the best quote in your area.
- Consider going to a nursery in the offseason. During this time, nurseries will have many trees on clearance. It also doesn’t hurt to check the official website of the nursery to see what kind of deals that they currently have going on. Here, you’ll be able to find coupons, promotions and more that you can print out and bring into the local nursery to save money.