How Much Do Moccasins Cost?
A moccasin is a shoe made of either deerskin or some sort of soft leather. The sole will be soft and the top will have some sort of embroidery or beading.
How much does it cost?
- The price of moccasins is going to be very similar to the price of basic sneakers that you would purchase at the store. The prices really come down to the style, the material, the retailer you purchase them from, and the brand. On average, moccasins are going to cost anywhere from $25 to as much as $175 for higher-end, quality brands.
- Moccasin slippers can cost anywhere from $25 to $35.
- Rubber moccasins can retail for $25 to $40.
- A good pair of men’s moccasins can retail for $40 to $65 for a pair of leather laced soft sole.
- A higher-end moccasin such as tall sheepskin Pug boots can retail for $120 to $150.
- For instance, MoccasinHouse.com offers a wide array of women’s moccasins in various colors and styles from $40 to $65.
- SoftMoc.com, another retailer online, offers a variety of women’s moccasin shoes and boots on sale, with prices for ballerina moccasins at $39.99, crepe sole moccasins at $49.99, fringe moccasins at $59.99, and booties at $89.99.
What is going to be included?
- A moccasin is made of a soft leather or even deerskin. The sole and the sides are stitched together at the top, creating a soft upper part that is flexible. Primarily used for outdoor use, some prefer to wear them inside as well.
- Moccasins now come in more than the traditional tan color. They can also have fur on the inside to make them warmer or decor such as sequins or sparkles to make them appeal to the younger generation.
What are the extra costs?
- When buying moccasins, it is practical to also purchase shoe care items such as shoe polish, shoe protector and leather cream. This is especially true if you purchase moccasins made of 100% genuine leather.
- With some purchases online, the retailer may tack on additional shipping charges.
- Depending on the the shoe is made, there may or may not be some type of liner inside the shoe. There are some who wear these shoes barefoot and others that prefer to wear socks. If a liner in the moccasins is not included, socks will be needed.
Factors that influence the price:
- Lining material. Moccasins use different linings: fleece, natural wool and sheepskin. Fleece tends to be less expensive and can keep the feet warm but cannot protect them from moisture. Natural wool is more costly than fleece as it can keep the feet warm and dry. Sheepskin is the most expensive lining because it has the ability to absorb moisture from the feet, keeping them dry and warm . It is also more comfortable than fleece and natural wool lining.
- Type of leather. Moccasins can either be made using deer leather or handmade leather. Moccasins made of deer leather are extremely durable and much more expensive than handmade ones, which can be made of harder leathers.
Tips to know:
- Buying online may be more cost-efficient as web dealers usually offer lower prices due to zero overhead costs.
- Some online dealers offer totally free shipping, while others offer free shipping only on multiple orders. You will probably find similar prices at most online store, so choose one that offers free shipping.
- Obtain details on money-back guarantee as well as their policy on replacements, exchanges and shipping.
- Compare prices from one dealer to another. Some dealers guarantee buyers that they have the lowest prices on the internet and will refund the price difference plus a certain percentage to shoppers who find a lower price from a competing website.
- Find an online dealer who has been in the business of selling moccasins both offline and online to ensure trustworthiness.
- Check the background and experience of the online store. Make sure that they provide their physical address, valid contact numbers and other means of communication.
- It is sometimes hard to tell the difference between moccasins that are made to be shoes and those that are made to be slippers. Inspect the soles of the shoes to determine if they were meant to be worn outside or not.
How can I save money?
- Some dealers offer items that are qualified for free shipping when you spend a minimum amount on qualifying items.
- Take advantage of coupon codes and promotions. Since the shoe market is a competitive business, you are bound to find a deal when comparing a handful of online shops.