How Much Do Movie Tickets Cost?
A movie ticket is needed if you want to go to the theater and enjoy a movie. Attending a movie theater to see a movie that has recently been released is one of the favorite activities of people today. The movie ticket can be purchased at the box office that is located at the movie theater, but it can also be purchased through the website of the theater and then printed out. There are also quite a few third-party movie ticker providers that will give you theaters, showtimes, and ticket prices, and will then allow you to order the tickets through them.
How much does it cost?
- On average, a movie theater ticket is going to range anywhere from $5 for a daily matinee to as much as $20 for an IMAX. Your tourist towns such as Las Vegas, etc, tend to be on the higher end for movie ticket prices.
- Standard movie tickets are going to cost $5 to $10.
- An IMAX in 3D can cost $8 to $20.
- A 3D movie can cost $12 to $17. These prices really boil down to your geographical location.
- According to Hollywoodreporter.com, the average cost of a movie ticket is $8.12.
- According to the National Association of Theatre Owners as posted in the Los Angeles Times, the average ticket price for the three-month period ended September 30, 2012, was $7.78, down from a record high of $8.12 in the second quarter and $7.94 a year earlier.
- On a forum thread on the City-Data.com, users stated that they paid anywhere from $5 for an afternoon showing to as much as $12 for a night show on the weekend.
What is going to be included?
- The moment you buy your movie ticket, it will give you the admission to watch a specific movie with specific cinemas and theaters. First, you have to buy the movie ticket at the ticket booth then you have to surrender it at the entrance of the cinema for you to enter.
- While rare, some theaters may assign you a seat similar to a sports game.
- When you enter the movie, the door attendant will rip off half of your ticket and give you one of the halves. This can be used to re-enter the theater if you need to exit for any reason.
- In the movie theater, it will be dark and quiet to give you the ultimate movie-going experience. The seats in which you sit may vary in style, but they will be cushioned and contain cup holders for your drinks. Some theaters even have reclining chairs.
What are the extra costs?
- While optional, snacks and drinks are going to be considered an additional cost, and the costs can be quite high. A bucket of popcorn with a drink will cost $10 to $20.
- Losing a ticket will cost you to buy another one.
Factors that influence the price:
- Movie Theater. The cost of a movie ticket depends on which movie theater you want to attend. Some movie theaters are much more expensive than others. The location of the theater also matters because the price of theaters which are far away from the city might be cheaper.
- Movie Title. Sometimes movie title matters because a movie theater bases its price on the popularity of a certain movie.
- Type of Movie. Today, movies can come in 3D, be shown in IMAX or through the traditional screen. The type of movie can affect the price.
- Time of day. Movies during the day on a weekday are going to be cheaper than those at night on a weekend.
Tips to know:
- Watch movies with your friends or family! No matter how good the movie is, most people cannot enjoy them that much if they watch the movie alone.
- Get there early so that you can choose your best position inside the theater. Unless you like having a stiff neck in the front row, it is best to get inside the theaters at least 30 minutes before the show. Most theaters do not have assigned seating.
- If you can, go to the movie during the weekdays. These are the days where movie theaters will cut down on the costs to lure people in.
How can I save money?
- Free tickets are sometimes available. Check with your local theater to see if they are offering any type of promotions. Sometimes you may find them showing older movies for next to nothing.
- If you are purchasing tickets for a large group of people, ask the theater manager if they offer any type of group discount.
- There are many special offers that theaters can offer. For example, some offer a mother and child special where a kid’s movie is played. This is usually offered during the day when most people are in school or work. It is a perfect activity for a stay-at-home mom.
- Many movie theaters offer frequent movie goer club cards. The more times you head to the theater, the more you can save in the future. You can also receive free food, t-shirts, etc.
|Help us! Did you get a quote before? Did you make the purchase? Help our community by sharing!|