How Much Do Paper Towels Cost?
Paper towels are absorbent towels made from paper rather than cloth. They are made from either a virgin or recycled paper pulp. Paper towels are disposable and are intended to be used only once. They are designed that way for different purposes. One of the main reasons is to avoid the spread of bacteria, compared to when using cloth towels. Paper towels are mainly used in the kitchen and are often inserted on a wooden or metal stand. The price of paper towels is determined by the number of paper towels in a pack, the brand and where you purchase it from.
How much is it?
- Paper towels are sold in packs and the price differs based on this as well as the thickness of the towel. A single roll of paper towels can range from $1 to $5, while a package of more than 1 can cost anywhere from $7 to $31.
- White paper towels that are sold in packs of six are sold for anywhere from $20 to $27. A pack of 12 can cost anywhere from $27 to $45.
- For example, a 2 ply white paper towel that has 140 sheet rolls and are sold in 12 per pack that are made of 100 percent recycled paper, hypo allergenic, strong and absorbent are sold anywhere from $43 to $50.
- Multifold paper towels are sold as an alternative to rolled paper towels. There are 250 towels per pack with 16 packs per carton; these are ideal for the kitchen, companies, as well as restrooms. These towels are embossed and are soft to the touch. Multi fold paper towels are sold for $37 to $45.
What is going to be included?
- Paper towels come pre-packaged, depending on the quantity. Each roll will be wrapped and created from various materials such as recycled paper, etc.
- Some higher end paper towels are going to be thicker than the cheaper brands. The thinner brand will tend to wear away faster.
What are the extra costs?
- Paper towels are often seen with a wooden or metal stand. This makes disposing of the paper towel very easily. A stand can be purchased for $12 to $40. The higher end stands usually have an elaborate design.
Top brands to consider:
How can I save money?
- Cloth towels provide a perfect alternative to paper towels. If proper care is given to cloth towels, you’ll be able to save in the long run since you can use them over and over again.
- Most households purchase paper towels on a monthly basis. Consider services such as Amazon’s subscribe and save to get the towels delivered to your doorstep at a discount.
- Consider purchasing the store brand of paper towels rather than the name brand. They will be somewhat cheaper, but may not have as high of quality.
- Paper towel rolls can commonly be found at local dollar stores. This is a great way to get a roll of paper towel for less than a dollar.
- Most of the major brands as noted above can often have coupons on their website as well as through social media outlets such as Facebook. It also doesn’t hurt to check the local Sunday paper as there are deals in the paper as well.