How Much Do Pillows Cost?
Pillows are often used to support the head or neck while sleeping or lying down. In addition, pillows may also be used for decorative purposes and are used on beds, couches or chairs. These pillows will have a soft stuffing that ranges anywhere from a synthetic foam to feathers.
How much is it?
- The cost of a pillow will depend on the type, its size, the materials used to fill it and where it’s being purchased. On average, a pillow will cost anywhere from $15 to as much as $70.
- A higher end pillow such as a memory foam pillow can cost anywhere from $26 to as much as $55 per pillow. For example, the Z by Laouf Memory Foam pillow retails for $18 to $40.
- A coil pillow can cost $35 to $40. Pillows that are sold in bundles can often cost $30 to $65 for a set of two.
- A body pillow that is about five feet long will often retail for $35 to as much as $80.
- Target.com sells several kinds of pillows; some of them are filled with gel rather than the conventional cotton or feather. They sell a reversible gel memory foam pillow for $25 to $35 depending on the size. They also have other types of pillows sold for $16 to $25.
What is going to be included?
- Depending on the type of pillow that you purchase, the materials with which it is filled can be different. Some pillows may have cotton inside while others may have feathers; these have been the most common fillings used. Pillows come in different sizes which can be anywhere from Standard to King size.
What are the extra costs?
- Pillows can be housed in pillowcases, and the size of the pillowcases is proportional to the size of the pillow itself. There are pillowcases that have Velcro or zippers to make sure that the pillow does not fall out of it. Pillowcases can start at $5 per piece and go up from there depending upon the quality that you want.
Tips to know:
- There are various types of pillows available in the market. Even though some may cost less, do not sacrifice quality for a lower price. Choose the right type of pillow for you and make sure that you are comfortable using it while you are sleeping.
- Some pillows are specifically designed to provide cushion and support to a specific part of the body. If you have a special need, it is suggested that you purchase these types of pillows for maximum comfort.
How can I save money?
- Pillows made out of high quality material can be more expensive,but they will last longer. There are pillows that deflate over time, which can result in discomfort. This can then prompt you to purchase another set of pillows. Investing a little more for a more expensive, high quality pillows enables you to save in the long run.
- Pillows are widely available and can be found at almost any chain store. They are often found on sale or sold in a bundle; check the sales ads to find the store that sells them at discounted prices or stores where they are offered at a lower price.