How Much Do Roku Channels Cost?
The Roku is considered to be one of the many technological wonders of today. This is a small box that connects to the internet wirelessly and is capable of streaming over 300 channels when it is connected to your television. This allows you to have many more options when trying to find something to watch. It is so great that you might just consider replacing your cable TV service with it. Over the years, Roku has been so popular that many channels – both free and for fee – are being subscribed by many people.
How much does it cost?
- In an article review from Networkworld.com, it was revealed that the price for Roku is affordable compared to other internet TV streaming devices. Accordingly, the prices of Roku boxes start at $49.99 (Roku LT). The prices, however, will go up depending on the specific model.
- To learn more about the Roku, SEE: “How much does a Roku cost?“
- As for the channels, most of them are for free; however, there are others channels that can only be viewed for a fee. As per Support.roku.com, Roku also provides channels for purchase. This is because some channel providers may require additional fees or requirements to access a channel. For the specific prices, one has to go to the official site of Roku and search for hundreds of channels available. Better yet, go directly to the website of the content provider to see the costs for the service.
- Netflix, for example, is a channel that is ideal for watching movies. As per Salon Media Group, Inc., Netflix subscription on Roku costs as little as $9 per month. This was supported by Roku.com (support.roku.com) as it placed in its site that one needs a Netflix unlimited plan, starting at $8.99 per month if he is new to Netflix on Roku. Hulu Plus, on the other hand, is a great channel for those who want to stream TV shows online. According to the official site of Hulu Plus, the subscription costs $7.99 per month.
- Other content providers give their clients the option to simply pay for one time viewing. Movie Vault, for instance, is a classic films channel, offering movies that are in the public domain. As per Rokuguide.com, the onetime payment for the purchase is $3.99.
- Other channels, like Amazon Instant Video and UFC, offer pay-per-view access to their programming.
What is going to be included?
- What is included in each channel subscription is not uniform as there are differences in every channel. Netflix, for example, users subscribed monthly can access to up to 12,000 on-demand TV shows and movies, some of which are displayed in high definition.
- For those that have a one-time payment only, all shows in the channel can be viewed once the subscriber paid the exact amount needed.
- As for the specifics of the payments and the details of the channels to which you can subscribe, you just need to enter the Roku Channel Store. You can add or remove channels at any time. Each channel offers something unique in the way of movies, TV shows, sports programming, internet videos, internet radio, podcasts, photos and even social networking sites.
What are the extra costs?
- There are no known extra costs associated with any channel subscription. If there is, this will be identified at the specific content provider. In addition, once you have a subscription with paid channels, you need to set-up a billing account in each of these. Thus, all your billing concerns and extra costs (if there are any) will be transparent in the said accounts.
Factors that influence the price:
- Specific channels subscribed. As mentioned, the prices for monthly subscription to each of the channels is not the same. A particular channel may require $7.99 per month while the others may require less than 10 bucks for a lifetime subscription.
Tips to know:
- There are different channels added in Roku anytime. Thus, you will never run out of choices.
- Aside from public channels, users can also install and subscribe to private channels. These are channels used by developers to test their apps during the development process. An adult-oriented channel is a good example of a channel that Roku would not publish publicly.
- Like any bookmarked website, you can easily delete or remove a channel anytime you wish.
Questions to ask:
- Do I have to pay to add a channel from the Roku Channel Store?
- What will be the mode of payment? Weekly, monthly or yearly subscription? Or do I only have to pay one time?
- Is there any free technical support that I can call whenever I have difficulty with my Roku?
How can I save money?
- The fact that you are using Roku is already a money-saver over cable or renting movies. However, you can get the value of your money if you will take things into consideration. Like when getting a satellite, cable or internet plan, one can save money by subscribing to channels which he/she thinks are really useful and entertaining. After all, there are hundreds of free channels of which you can take advantage.
|Help us! Did you get a quote before? Did you make the purchase? Help our community by sharing! Every month, we choose a random comment and award them with a $25 Amazon.com gift card.|