How Much Do Rollerblades Cost?
Rollerblades, also called inline skates, are different from roller skates. While roller skates have four wheels, two in front and two in back, roller blades have four wheels in one line down the middle. Some roller blades are simply made for recreation while others are made for speed skating or doing tricks and jumps such as those done with skateboards.
How much is it?
- A recreational pair of roller blades made for boys or girls will cost $20-$70 depending on the brand and features. The Roller Derby Coyote adjustable girls roller blade can be found for $50.
- A recreational pair of rollerblades for men or women can cost $50-$200. The Bladerunner Women’s Pro 78 can be purchased for $60 while the Men’s Rollerblade Crossfire 90MX can be found for $170.
- A pair of street rollerblades used for doing tricks, such as the Rollerblade NewJack Street Skate, will cost $150-$300.
- A pair of inline speed skates, such as the Luigino Attitude 195, can cost $200-$1000.
What is going to be included?
- Recreational skates will have a rubber break pad, usually on the back of the right rollerblade, to aid with stopping.
- Many children’s skates will come with an adjustable boot to grow with the child’s foot.
- Street skates will have a space between the second and third wheel. This allows a street skater to drop-in ramps and jumps more easily.
- Speed skates will usually have smaller boots and larger wheels. They will not normally have a break.
What are the extra costs?
- While the body and boot of the rollerblade will last a long time, the wheels and breaks will need to be replaced every so often. Rotating the wheels will help them last longer, but they will still need to be replaced about once a year with moderate use. Breaks will be about the same.
Tips to know:
- Know the type of rollerblade that you want to purchase. Types of rollerblades that can purchased include recreational, aggressive, fitness and hockey. Each one will work in it’s own way, so be sure to research each type of rollerblade.
- Just because the rollerblade is cheap, it doesn’t mean it’s going to be a great deal. Be sure to research the reviews online as this will give away a good amount of information in terms of the rollerblade. Cheaper skates tend to have bad reviews due to the quality and durability.
- Highly consider trying the rollerblades on in person. This is going to give you a good idea on how they are going to fit. Purchasing them online can result in a bad fit, even though the size is the same.
- Always make sure that the skates have a tight fit. If the skates don’t have a tight fit, this can result in things such as blisters or even rashes alongside the foot. Make sure that your toes are close to the end, make sure the skates don’t pinch the heel and also ensure that your heel can’t move around freely.
- If you’re new to rollerblading, try to skate in a place that’s clean and not filled with people. Ensure that there is no dirt laying around on the ground. Even the smallest stone can throw off a skater.
Top brands to consider:
How can I save money?
- If you are not going to rollerblade on a regular basis, it is better to buy a cheaper pair of rollerblades as they will do the job.
- Rollerblades can be purchased used using services such as Amazon, eBay, and Craig’s List.
|Help us! Did you get a quote before? Did you make the purchase? Help our community by sharing! Every month, we choose a random comment and award them with a $25 Amazon.com gift card.|