How Much Do Sandbags Cost?
A sandbag is a container made of Hessian cloth filled with either soil or sand. A sandbag is used for different purposes such as flood control, military fortification, and others. The amount of soil or sand inside the sack varies depending on the need. Sandbags have been used to protect soldiers as they use it as temporary fortification since it can absorb some pressure from incoming hostile fire. Sandbags can also be compact enough to be used to control a flood, preventing it from flowing. Sandbags can also be attached to weights as a means of weight training. The price for sandbags depends on the amount of soil or sand in the sack.
How much is it?
- The price for sandbags depends on the amount of soil filled in it. Another factor for the price is the type of sandbag sold. On average, empty sandbags cost anywhere from $19 to $60 each. Most sandbags can be filled with soil or sand up to 65 pounds.
- For example, DayBags.com offers military specification sandbags. The sandbags can also be filled with soil or sand up to 65 pounds as well. They sell these bags anywhere from $50 to $80.
- Sandbags can also be used for weight exercises and can range anywhere between $18 and $41. For example, a tactical sandbag that is made with a 1000D MIL Spec Order can retail for $40 to $50. This type of sandbag would be very similar to the ones that they use in the military.
- For a cheaper alternative, Polypropylene Olive Drab Sandbag retails for $3 to $6.
- Shooting sandbags that are used to place targets on top of can range from $11 to as much as $55 per bag. The price for a sandbag used for shooting is going to vary depending upon the size.
- A burlap sandbag that is designed to hold back water or be used as a barricade can cost anywhere from $3 to $15. Most burlap bags are going to come in packs of 3 or 5.
What are the extra costs?
- If you buy empty sandbags, it will include just the bag itself and you will need to buy your own soil or sand to fill it. The price of the soil depends on the amount that you will need. On average, a 50 pound bag of sand usually retails for $20 to $50. Bulk purchases can cost less, if you purchase more than 500 pounds.
What is going to be included?
- Sandbags can be bought filled with soil or sand, preventing you from buying soil or sand separately.
- Sandbags are generally made of a polypropylene material, are durable, and will not leak. The sand can be placed inside the bag and once it is placed, a drawstring can contain the sand or soil.
How can I save money?
- There are companies that sell sandbags filled with sand already. Try to look for these since it tends to be cheaper.
- Depending on you need the sandbags, get the appropriate sandbags offered at the different online stores. Also, make sure to shop around to discover which store can offer the product at the lowest price.