How Much Do Scrubs Cost?
There are many jobs in which scrubs are the required attire. While the majority of employees wearings scrubs are in the healthcare field, other fields such as child care may require them as well. If you work full time, you will need many different sets of scrubs.
How much is it?
- Scrub tops come in a variety of designs, colors, and patterns and will cost $8-$25 per piece. Some tops are designed with no pockets or multiple pockets, v-neck or round-neck, and can be pullover or wrap around. Tops also come in solid colors or fashionable designs, and can also be made for specific holidays or special events.
- Pants are sold in many colors to match different fashions and designs of tops. Scrub pants will cost $10-$30 per piece and can be made using a drawstring or elastic waist. Pants may or may not have pockets.
- For those that are working as a nurse, many hospitals may be rather strict on the scrubs that can be purchased. Average sets can range anywhere from $10 to as much as $35 per set depending on the size and material.
What is going to be included?
- In most stores, only the scrubs themselves are included. If you purchase your scrubs online, shipping may be included if you spend over a certain amount.
- Make sure your scrubs are an approved style and design for your job. Some hospitals, doctors’ offices, or day cares may have specific rules regarding uniforms.
What are the extra costs?
- Most careers which require wearing scrubs will also require specific shoes. These shoes will usually have to be closed all the way around – no open toes or heels. Also, medical shoes need to be made of a non-absorbent material and have no holes or open areas. This is to stop fluids and needles from entering the shoe at any time. These shoes will cost extra and can be purchased through the same companies that sell scrubs.
- If you purchase your scrubs online, you may have to pay for shipping.
- Large sizes such as large and extra large may result in additional charges depending on the store selling.
Tips to know:
- If you’re new to the company, be sure to know what they are going to allow in the workplace. Some companies are rather strict with their colors.
- It’s best to consider scrubs that have pockets. Believe it or not but there are scrubs that don’t contain any types of pockets, making it hard to carry around smaller items such as a pen.
- Be sure to watch for the quality. Since you’re going to be wearing these on a daily basis, it’s best to invest a few extra dollars to ensure that you’re getting the best in terms of quality.
- Make sure that you purchase up to five to ten pieces to ensure that you always have an extra pair laying around.
How can I save money?
- Used scrubs can be purchased from most uniform stores. Make sure they are in good condition before buying. Your niche stores such as UniformCity.com that only sell uniforms tend to have the best prices online.
- Solid tops are normally cheaper than printed tops.
- Some online stores offer group discounts. If you can get some of your co-workers to place an order with you, a discount may be available. It’s also wise to check for coupons and promotional codes. Many online retailers offer discounts to both new customers as well as return customers.
|Help us! Did you get a quote before? Did you make the purchase? Help our community by sharing!|