How Much Do Soccer Cleats Cost?
Soccer cleats are a necessity if you are going to play soccer for fun or even a local league. These shoes will allow you to easily run and turn on the grass without falling. No matter what level of soccer you are playing, soccer cleats will be a required part of the uniform.
How much does it cost?
- On average, a pair of soccer cleats can cost anywhere from $30 to as much as $250 for a top name brand. The costs, like shoes, will depend on the brand and where you purchase a pair from.
- Kids cleats, on the other hand, can cost as little as $9 to $30. For example, this pair of Diadora Forza cleats retail for $13 to $30 and come in up to size 6.
- On Zappos.com, there are many different brands, styles and sizes of cleats as well many other pieces of soccer equipment. Costs for the different cleats range from as low as $23 for a cleat set to as high as $99 for a fully set pair of soccer cleats.
What is going to be included?
- There are two types of cleats that include molded and detachable protrusions. Detachable cleats allow you to remove the cleats, while molded cleats are permanent.
- When you do decide to buy the best pair of soccer cleats, then you get a pair of sports shoes that come with the protrusions on the bottom. Typically, these studs will get you the hold that you need when running around grass and wet fields. Thus, you can prevent yourself from always falling down.
- These types of shoes tend to be narrower, allowing for more ball control. The way that the toe is formed allows the foot to get underneath the ball better which results in a better kick.
- These cleats can come with many different surfaces that include a firm, soft and hard ground, turf and indoor.
- Essentially, the idea of using the cleats is to make sure that you are able to change direction as rapidly and quickly as you need to without falling or sliding down.
What are the extra costs?
- Typically, if you buy a pair of soccer cleats that come with the fiber materials, you would should expect to pay an extra cost to it.
- Some shoes come with the option of changing the cleats with other colors, and if you are someone who happens to be quite trivial about it, then you might have to spend more.
- There are cleats that can be special ordered with your name, jersey number, or team logo. This is usually charged by the character.
- Many people choose to buy different laces for their cleats, whether it is for comfort or just for the look.
Factors that influence the price:
- Perhaps the biggest factor that affects the price of the soccer cleats is the material from which it is made. Fiber happens to be quite cheap, but then again there is other material that can cost more such as leather.
- The shape, design, and the contours of the shoes will also play a major factor on its pricing. The more complex the style it comes with, then the higher the potential costs.
Tips to know:
- It is best to find a pair of soccer cleats that fits perfectly on your feet. It is known that the game of soccer is considered as quite active. Thus, you need to get a pair of shoes that allows you better movement with comfort throughout the game. If you can, try the cleats on in person to make sure that they fit properly.
- Many find that leather cleats and newer ones are hard to break in. One way to break them in is by wearing them in the shower. While playing with them when wet, this can allow the leather to become more flexible. You should also wear the cleats a few times in practice before trying to wear them in a game.
- Find a brand that speaks of quality rather than popularity. This means you need to think of the long term use of the soccer cleats rather than just because it is what most people are wearing.
- Most of the older models of the soccer cleats are considered to be favorites because they come with the tougher materials and leather that can withstand a lot of hard use.
How can I save money?
- The best way to save money on the soccer cleats is to make sure that you buy from retailers that offer you discounts with sales and coupons. Many larger sports retailers both online and at local stores offer sales on a regular basis.
- If purchasing online, be sure to look for coupon codes before making a purchase.