How Much Do Weights Cost?
Weights come in different forms and and used in weight training, which is a type of strength training that is performed to develop strength and enhance the size of skeletal muscles. Weights can also be used in exercises such as running and aerobics to make the exercises more challenging. A common type of weights is disk weights, also known as free weights, which are inserted on an adjustable dumbbell or barbell. Smaller handheld one-piece dumbbells and ankle weights are other types that are usually used for other forms of exercising. Weights are available in different shapes and sizes. The price of weights will vary depending on the size, the brand, the type as well as other various factors.
How much is it?
- On average, weights can range from as little as $5 to as much as $1,000 for a complete home gym set. Different weights are sold at different prices depending on several factors. There are several manufacturers that offer the product and they sell it at different prices. The weight of the product is also a factor why the price can be different. The materials used to manufacture the weights is also a factor affecting the price of the weights.
- For example, free weights can range from $15 for a simple 5 pound dumbbell to as much as $600 for a complete set that would include the full 255 pounds of disks. A complete set will enable the user to switch between different weights quickly and easily.
- Olympic weights that can weigh more than 300 pounds can have sets that vary anywhere in price from $200 to as much as $600.
- Adjustable dumbbells that can range anywhere from 5 to 90 pounds on average can cost anywhere from $130 to as much as $600. Again, this is going to depend on the brand and other various factors.
- Something as small as ankle weights can cost anywhere from $7 to $30 depending on the size of the weights. For example, the Thera-Band Comfort Fit Ankle Sets that are sold in pairs can retail for $24 to $40.
- Home Gym Deals is an online merchant that sells weights used for dumbbells and barbells. The price of these weights according to their site ranges from $325 to $850. They sell rubber grip styles, wide grip styles and urethane grip style Olympic weights. They also sell weights that area sold in sets.
- Big Fitness is another online merchant that sells different types of weights and they have a variety of products from which you can choose. They sell dumbbells of varying weights that can range anywhere from $150 to $500. Dumbbells that do not have removable disks are sold anywhere from $125 to $350.
What is going to be included?
- There are different inclusions depending on the type of package that you will purchase. There are weights that can be purchased in sets which will include disks of different weights that can be installed on dumbbells or barbells.
- If you purchase a set of weights, there may be a pamphlet of instructions and suggestions for use.
What are the extra costs?
- Additional costs would involve other equipment that will be used together with the weights. For example, this can be an adjustable bench that can be used to lie down so the workout can target the chest region.
- Gloves are highly recommended for those that are going to lift weights on a daily basis. This is going to help prevent blisters and rashes on the hand.
- Due to the size of these weights, online merchants will often have to charge an additional shipping fee.
How can I save money?
- There are different brands of weights available to purchase. Their prices are going to greatly vary. The internet is a great place to compare prices. Be sure to compare at least three sets before initiating a purchase.
- Craigslist sellers always offer exercise equipment for sale. Purchasing exercise equipment used is one of the best ways to save money on this product.
|Help us! Did you get a quote before? Did you make the purchase? Help our community by sharing! Every month, we choose a random comment and award them with a $25 Amazon.com gift card.|